Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RZPogi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,146
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo laptop not booting up (G480)

I adjusted the partitions of my lenovo g480 and accidentally deleted the hidden partitions. I restarted and the laptop just boots up with a blank screen.

I tried pressing the novo button and the selection menu shows up. Whatever I select on the popup (normal startup, bios setup, boot menu, system recovery), nothing happens; and all I'm left is a blank screen.

I tried connecting the laptop into an external display and still nothing shows up in the external display.

I tried removing the battery and the 30s power button pressing, and it didn't work.

Need this laptop for work. Hard disk when used in another computer the files are still there.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,134
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo laptop not booting up (G480)

hi RZPogi,

After removing the AC adapter, battery, and HDD, can you try to hold the power button for 20secs to remove residual power again on the machine. When finished, plug the AC adapter only then power up the machine and try accessing the BIOS via the F2 key or Novo button..

If successful, hit F9 to load defaults and hit F10 to save and exit. On another machine, connect the HDD and  backup your files then format it. When finished, put back the HDD on the G480 and boot from a Win7 installer via the F12 key to reinstall Windows 7.

Guide:

How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 Installation USB Flash Drive

How to Create a Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc

Note:

if the G480 came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium 64bit, reinstalling this same OS will automatically find the product key that's embedded in the motherboard and will activate your copy of Windows.

If the above steps doesn't help then there's likely a problem with the BIOS and needs to be reflashed. I would recommend you check these authorized service centers and report the issue:

Service Provider List (Philippines)

edit:

added links

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

RZPogi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,122
Message 3 of 4

Didn't work though. most likely it has problems with the bios. thanks anyways.
Eliseotogz
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 4 of 4

same exact problem i have
i just reinstalled the original OS again
download it from microsoft, the i works should works

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors