Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olliebollie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 798
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo recovery discs

Good afternoon dear forums-members.  I have received recovery discs for my G70-70 80HW notebook.  Could anyone please tell me how to use this discs after replacing the conventional HDD with an SSD?  I have tried all possible options, but none of them succeeds. Many, many thanks for your kind solutions.  This notebook is driving me crazy in my search to trying install the factory settings.

SeniorGuru
Views: 778
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo recovery discs

Download your hardware manual and refer to page 23 for the process to restore your factory load out using the Recovery Disk.

Link to manual - https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_70_series_hmm.pdf

Cheers...

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
olliebollie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 712
Message 3 of 4

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to inform you I have the feeling my dealer has "raped" my notebook G70-70 80HW.  Your appreciated proposals have no effects at all to restore the notebook to factory settings.  I have the original recovery discs, onekey recovery has been deleted and replaced by AOMEI recovery.  In BIOS, I'm not able to change the boot order, the system does not recognize the DVD nor the attached USB harddisk with system backups and restore points.  I still have the original HDD with pre-installed Lenovo software.  Is it possible to make an image file that can be used to restore to factory settings on the SSD disc?  Any suggestions would be very appreciated.  Many thanks, have a nice day.

SeniorGuru
Views: 686
Message 4 of 4

The SSD mostlikely has formatting witih a "hidden partition" installed, one that contains software meant to "clone" an exisiting hard disk drive on first power up.

To remove this can be trickey, and depends on the SSD manufacture, generically you could install it into a working computer as a secondary disk, use Disk Manager to wipe out any partitions and then format as NTFS (entire disk).  Once completed, remove the SSD and install into the notebook.

At that point you may be able to use the recovery disks.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors