Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arale-chan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 294
Message 1 of 1

[Linux] Fully charge the battery on Lenovo G40-80

I have bought this Lenovo laptop some months ago, but I still haven't figured out a way to change the charge for my battery from 59% to 100% in Ubuntu. I know that is possible by installing the Lenovo power management utility on Windows, but unfortunately, that would require me to wipe my system, install Windows, and then reinstall my system.

Through a web search, I have found that it is possible to get a full charge by resetting the CMOS, but I have not found instructions on how to do it on the Lenovo G40-80. I have tried shutting down, disconnecting the AC and the battery, and holding the power button for 1 minute, but it did not work!

Another tip I have found in the Arch Linux forums, and tried without success was shutting down the laptop, removing the battery with the AC plugged in, holding the power button for 20 seconds, placing the battery again, holding more 20 seconds, removing the battery, holding more 20 seconds, powering on the laptop, and then reinserting the battery again...

I'm going on a long trip tonight, and having a full charge would be extremely important to me! Thank you for your attention!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors