Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,578
Message 1 of 18

Missing AMD Display Adapter Lenovo g40-70

Hi!

I was wondering about the display adapter on my lenovo g40-70 i only see one which is the intel (R) HD Graphics Family. I've read things about the compatibility issue of bios with windows 10, on that case i cannot switch from intel to amd.

Some says that they downgrade to windows 7 and able to use the amd graphics card.

I'm looking for a solution on how can i enable that AMD RADEON GRAPHICS from my lenovo g40-70 running on windows 10 Home Single Language.

Model Name: 20369

MTM: 59439059

MO: YB04112550

Guru
Views: 1,565
Message 2 of 18

Re: Missing AMD Display Adapter Lenovo g40-70

Try installing the driver from here: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-G-SERIES-LAPTOPS/G40-70-NOTEB...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,548
Message 3 of 18

Hi Eric i just finished installing the software you shared. I checked my display adapter and still i can't see the amd graphics card.
Guru
Views: 1,546
Message 4 of 18

Check to see if it's hidden:

1. Click View menu in device manager and select Show hidden devices.

show-hidden-devices.png

2. Then click the small arrow to the left of Display adapters.

3. If there appears the AMD graphics card, right click on it and select Uninstall then restart the computer and reinstall it.

If it doesn't appear, continue with the next steps:

1. Right click the Start menu (or use Win + X) and select Run. Type services.msc into the box and press Enter.

Type-services-msc-into-the-box.png

2. Find AMD Display Driver Service on the list and right click to select Properties.

3. Click Start under the Service status. Then select Automatic on the Startup type list.

Click-Start-under-the-Service-status.png

4. Click the Log On tab and choose Local System account.

5. Click the Recovery tab and select Restart the Service on the First Failure list. Do the same for the next two lists.

6. Click OK, then restart PC

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,538
Message 5 of 18

Hi again Smiley Happy

Im already on step 2 where in i need to look for AMD Display Driver but there's no AMD Display Driver on my services.msc. I'm thinking if its a hardware issue ? i found this weeks ago and i think im having the same problem with this. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-70-Videocard/td-p/2173237screenshot.PNG

Guru
Views: 1,531
Message 6 of 18

Seems like it's more a hardware issue than a driver issue. If you're in warranty, Lenovo should be able to replace the graphics card for you. 

Here's Lenovo's PH contact info: 1-800-8909-6454 (GLOBE subscribers), 1-800-1441-0719 (PLDT subscribers)

Regards,
Eric Xu

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,527
Message 7 of 18

my laptop is out of warranty. any other solution on how i can fix this or replace the hardware?
Guru
Views: 1,522
Message 8 of 18

I'm not seeing a graphics card on the parts list, so it could be soldered on; but reply with your machine type model and I'll see if I can find anything. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,502
Message 9 of 18

Model Name: 20369
MTM: 59439059
MO: YB07164047
Lenovo g40-70

did i miss something? what is machine type?
Guru
Views: 1,499
Message 10 of 18

Looks like the R5-M230 is soldered onto the system board, meaning you'll have to replace the whole system board. 

One more suggestion is to try the driver direct from AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+10+-+64, and update the BIOS. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors