Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 204
Message 11 of 18

Re: Missing AMD Display Adapter Lenovo g40-70

can i have a link for the latest BIOS? coz i've been searching that too and cant find anything good for me.

if the that driver wont work meaning there's nothing i can do ? except to buy new board...
Guru
Views: 202
Message 12 of 18

Here's the BIOS: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-G-SERIES-LAPTOPS/G40-70-NOTEB...

The last resort would be a system restore, factory reset, or just back to Windows 7 to see if that works. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 13 of 18

ill try to update the BIOS.

does this update supports windows 10? im using Win10.
Guru
Views: 195
Message 14 of 18

It's not listed for Windows 10, but it should still work. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 194
Message 15 of 18

one more thing im on dual boot with kali linux. will that affect my second boot if i update my bios ?
Guru
Views: 191
Message 16 of 18

Shouldn't really affect it

Regards,
Eric Xu

christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 17 of 18

ok thanks. im re-DLing the software from amd website you gave me. after trying that i'll update my bios and see what will happen after a reboot
christian1992
Fanfold Paper
Views: 163
Message 18 of 18

Hi @EricX,

I tried to install the software from amd website. unfortunately this showed up Smiley Sad

no amd driver.PNG

I also did updating my bios worst part is i lost my second boot which is kali linux. after rebooting and pressing F12 i did not see kali linux on boot sequence Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors