Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candigirl84
Paper Tape
Views: 9,665
Message 1 of 9

My Lenovo G50 Mouse Touchpad isn't working

Hi, 

I updated to Windows 10 yesterday. I thought my laptop was working OK after the update, but I've noticed that my mouse touchpad doesn't work at all after the update. I hit the F6 button to turn the touchpad off and on, and it still isn't working. Can you help?

Thank you!

Kim2001
Paper Tape
Views: 9,259
Message 2 of 9

Re: My Lenovo G50 Mouse Touchpad isn't working

Is someone going to get back to us with a fix for this problem?
strahinja
Paper Tape
Views: 9,250
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

II just want to leave somewhere this message. I am having problems with my IdeaPad G50 touchpad from day 1. I have tried everything and nothing worked.  I will never by another lennovo product ever! I will make sure to let all of my friends not to by lennovo laptops.

I was LITERALLY opened the account here so I could leave this message.

Regards

candigirl84
Paper Tape
Views: 9,246
Message 4 of 9

My mouse touch pad finally started working properly again on its own after about a month. I'm not sure how, unless there was a system update that was run... 

slider66
Paper Tape
Views: 9,070
Message 5 of 9

I am with you. I have the same problem. I upgraded to windows 10 and the mouse jumps all over the screen and it is beyond annoying. i want to throw this laptop against the wall.  i paid 275 for this computer and i will tell you that is a lot of money for me at the moment.  I woul never buy any product made by them again. Why you ask? many people have posted for help on this problem and there has been no fix for the problem and no one has responded or addressed this issue in a sane way.

farta
Punch Card
Views: 9,042
Message 6 of 9

All the updates were carried out on the machine when bought.

I noticed that the pointer on the screen on many occasions and at random, stuck in the same position. Sometimes it would then start to move, at other times it would only move when the finger was lifted and then put down again.

I tried uninstalling the driver and touchpad software and then reinstalling the one from the lenovo site for the machine and windows. At first the problem did not reappear although the touchpad had lost its full functions provided by the synaptic software. However windows automatically updates the synaptic software and after rebooting the problem is back.

There is a conflict between the system and the latest (august 2015) synaptic software. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?? It really ruins the machine as the touchpad is the main interface with it.

CLEARLY LENOVO ALL ABOUT IT AND THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO GET BETTER TOUCHPAD SOFTWARE

slider66
Paper Tape
Views: 9,037
Message 7 of 9

i agree with you.  They do know that the touchpad has a problem and are not taking steps to fix this.  I really do want to throw this laptop into the street but I need one.  It is sad that such a large company knows it has made a bad laptop and not done anything to remedy this horrible problem.  I really is a horrible problem because you can't use the laptop with the pointer going crazy all the time. 

@farta wrote:

All the updates were carried out on the machine when bought.

I noticed that the pointer on the screen on many occasions and at random, stuck in the same position. Sometimes it would then start to move, at other times it would only move when the finger was lifted and then put down again.

I tried uninstalling the driver and touchpad software and then reinstalling the one from the lenovo site for the machine and windows. At first the problem did not reappear although the touchpad had lost its full functions provided by the synaptic software. However windows automatically updates the synaptic software and after rebooting the problem is back.

There is a conflict between the system and the latest (august 2015) synaptic software. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?? It really ruins the machine as the touchpad is the main interface with it.

CLEARLY LENOVO ALL ABOUT IT AND THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO GET BETTER TOUCHPAD SOFTWARE

farta
Punch Card
Views: 8,846
Message 8 of 9

Problem seems to have been resolved.

New touchpad firmware update now available on lenovo support.

Seems like a new machine.

sonam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,585
Message 9 of 9

Can someone post link to this update. I cannot find it. :I

Top Kudoed Authors