Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sephiroth187
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 1 of 6

My Lenovo G570 is beeping

Hi, I've been wondering why my Lenovo G570 keeps on beeping while booting. The beeping stops for a few seconds after the windows logo shows up while on startup. Is there any problem with the hardwares in it? Sometimes when I turn it on, it doesn't beep at all, but usually it does beep when I turn it on. So I don't know if there's anything loose inside my laptop, if I've got a problem with the hardware or is my charger and and power cord faulty.

I've also tried reformatting it with windows 7 (32 bit) and since the laptop came from Japan with a windows 7 (32 bit) as well, it keeps saying not compatible upon installation. By the way I was reformatting it through USB. Any help on this please

sephiroth187
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 2 of 6

Re: My Lenovo G570 is beeping

By the way, the beeping pattern on my laptop is a constant 1-1-1-1-1-1 and so on.

prasasd
What's DOS?
Views: 687
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I've been wondering why my Lenovo G570 keeps on beeping while booting. The beeping stops for a few seconds after the windows logo shows up while on startup. Is there any problem with the hardwares in it? Sometimes when I turn it on, it doesn't beep at all, but usually it does beep when I turn it on. So I don't know if there's anything loose inside my laptop, if I've got a problem with the hardware or is my charger and and power cord faulty.

Calvin9
What's DOS?
Views: 292
Message 4 of 6

Hi. That's what I am also experiencing with this new Lenovo Yoga 500 that I bought a few days ago. At first I thought that this beeping sound was caused by some initialization going on inside the computer. But  on the second day I kept on hearing the tones even when my fingers were hitting the right characters on the keyboard.  The sound is somewhat similar to an SMS alert from the cell phone.  I tried to look for the Lenovo support on line to find out how to exterminate this annoying sound, but that group of people is so hard to come by.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 287
Message 5 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community calvin9 !

The beeping maybe an error code, but unfortunately the Lenovo product line doesn't have anything that is documented on what the codes mean.  The Thinkpad product line does have an error code listing, but 1-1-1-1-1 isn't listed.  Whatever the reason, a new system shouldn't be beeping repeatedly at power up.  I would recommend that you either visit your local retailer and exchange the system or contact Lenovo Support for additional warranty assistance.

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mikie
Token Ring
Views: 273
Message 6 of 6

Think my G570 is on its 3rd keyboard. When the keyboard starts to go... its a very annoying rapid beeping at boot .. sometimes it wont go into windows.

So - Do you have any keys that seem bad ? Keyboards for me off ebay or amazon have been as cheap as around the $10 area delivered, and quite easy to replace.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors