Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heist
What's DOS?
Views: 1,093
Message 1 of 4

My Lenovo g40-45 touchpad keeps freezing

I just bought this laptop and  the pointer keeps freezing but the right and left click are still functioning. I have to keep restarting for it to function again. a synaptics driver is installed. I am not a techie and i really hope you can help me. Im on windows 8.1 Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,050
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Lenovo g40-45 touchpad keeps freezing

Hi Manoj,           

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the touchpad in your Lenovo G40-45 laptop.

Connect an external mouse and check for the issue, boot into safe mode and check if the touchpad works.

Does the touchpad freezes only in particular application or in all application.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

heist
What's DOS?
Views: 1,042
Message 3 of 4

it either lags or freezes when i have 2 or 3 apps working or when the computer is loading or reading.  I haven't encountered any problem with the use of mouse so far, but then i barely use it. i tried in safemode like you said, so far no problem.  I have read in most forums that lenovo had had problems with the touchpad lagging or freezing.  I have read about bios and drivers and all but maybe this forum can give me something to try to totally eliminate this problem before i do something i found on the net that might make my laptop unstable.

kilingar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,026
Message 4 of 4

My touchpad keeps freezing in ubuntu 14.04, 15.04. It resumes the first time on suspending the laptop, but the second time the laptop restarts with the error 'boot table modified. contact vendor'. Touchpad do not work at all in windows 7 even after driver update. It worked for a while in windows 8.1 without access to touchapad settings, but on updating the drivers, i can no longer access the touchpad. I have booted in safe mode and tried installing the drivers, checked iin bios, updated the bios. Now if I try installing the drivers, i get the message that says no drivers to be found. I have downloaded drivers from lenovo support. I will try updating to windows 10. Where do I contact for a physical checkup in Nantes, France? I have bought this in India.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors