cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry60e
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 1 of 8

My hotkeys for g560 laptop are not working.

I installed energy management but still it wont work. If someone could help it would be appreciated. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 368
Message 2 of 8

Re: My hotkeys for g560 laptop are not working.

Need a bit more information to provide a better understanding of the situation. Please post back with the following:

OS installed?
Did they work in the past?
Was this after a software update, BIOS patch or similar operation?
Any errors / cautions in Device Manager?

Good luck.
CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Barry60e
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 3 of 8

I installed win 8.1 before that it was the original win 7. in windows 7 the fn keys worked. in bios it doesnt show the option of hotkeys. and in device manager there are no new drivers for keyboard. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 346
Message 4 of 8

Are you talking about the Function Key operations? That should be changeable in BIOS to reflect either normal (F1 thru F12) or special function (Home, Email, Search, Wifi etc...) and you may have to dig around a bit in the bios settings to find it.

If you recently flashed the BIOS to a new edition, you may want to try the "power drain" to reset CMOS / BIOS options. Let me know if you need info on how to do it.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Barry60e
Paper Tape
Views: 343
Message 5 of 8

CbHedricks

Can you guide me a little on how to do it?

And yes I am talking about function key operations. However as I told before that the hotkey mode option does not appear in my bios.

SeniorGuru
Views: 340
Message 6 of 8

@Barry60e wrote:

CbHedricks

Can you guide me a little on how to do it?

And yes I am talking about function key operations. However as I told before that the hotkey mode option does not appear in my bios.

The location for function key operations can be a bit tricky to find, as BIOS screens change from time to time.

Power Drain:

1. Turn off the computer normally (press and hold power button if not responding).
  2. Remove main battery, remove AC power.
  3. Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  4. Install main battery, connect AC power.
  5. Start notebook by pressing "novo" button only.
  6. Enter BIOS, set BIOS defaluts, Save and Exit.

Notebook should restart - run normally at this point.  If needed you can restart and go back into BIOS to look for updated sections and search thru for function key support.

If still not present, you may need to contact Lenovo Support to have them tell you exactly where the feature is listed in the new BIOS.

Good luck.

CB

Barry60e
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 7 of 8

CBHedricks

Thank you for yor help. Now it is working perfectly.

SeniorGuru
Views: 321
Message 8 of 8

Good to hear it is working now, if you need additional help, update the thread.

Also - if you find anyone's help useful make sure to hit the "Kudos" button on the post.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors