07-17-2014 08:58 AM
Hi guys .
I bought a new Lenovo G500 about 6 months ago with FREE DOS, so I installed Windows 7 on it and it was soo fine !! After 3 months I wanted to upgrade my OS, so I removed Windows 7 and I installed Windows 8.
Unfortunately, since I installed it, several problems showed up :
1) When I press power button, the pc freeze on Lenovo Logo, so the OS doesn't load .. Until I try 3 or 4 times ..
2) When I use Windows, the PC's mouse freeze RANDOMLY with NO REASON, and the OS ..
3) After this problems, I tried to reformat .. But the problem is the BIOS don't show up when I press F2 ( Itry 4 or more times till I enter the BIOS ) , and when I insert the windows DVD, it does not detect by the BIOS, even I enter to Boot Manager ( F12 ), and even I configured my BIOS with this settings :
+ Boot Mode : Legacy
+ Boot Priority : Legacy First
+ UEFI Boot : Disable
+ ( No Quick Boot in my BIOS )
+ USB Boot : Enable
+ ( NO Secure Boot in my BIOS )
+ Hot Key : Disable
+ OS Optimized : Other OS
+ The BIOS is updated to the lateset version available (2.01) .
+ My OS ( Windows 8 ) and devices are updated with all Updates .
+ I did a Hardware Scan with Lenovo Solution Center program, and all devices are fine !
However this settings, the preblems still the same !!
Pleaase HELP ME, bcz I'm soo LOST .. I have many projects to work on, and now I can't work with serious problems !!
07-17-2014 12:26 PM - edited 07-17-2014 12:28 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.
Since you'll be installing Windows 8 in legacy mode, can you also set this setting in the BIOS (if applicable):
Secure Boot = Disabled
When done, press F10 to save and exit and try to boot frm the Win8 DVD. If you still can't get it to boot, consider converting it to a bootable USB installer and observe.
07-17-2014 07:17 PM
First, thanks for answering, I was waiting for long to get a response.
Secondly, I wrote in the notes that the Secure Boot option doesn't exist in my Bios !!!
And I'm wondering if the logo's freeze is a serious problem ??
PLEASE HELP ME to get out of this problems !! It's a NEW PC !!
07-18-2014 07:36 AM
My bad, must have missed that part.
When you turn ON the computer, the machine goes into POST where it communicates and detects the connected hardware devices on the machine. When the devices are initialized, the Lenovo Splash screen comes up and will now then find a device to boot (as listed in the boot device priority).
Since you get freezing / hanging issues on the Lenovo splash screen, it's possible that it has issues finding a proper boot device or one of the hardware components that it initialized is malfunctioning. Since you were able to boot into Windows by turning ON/OFF the computer a few times, I would do the following:
- as per this readme.txt, this updates the SunPro VBIOS to BR45158_001 (GPU)
2. Reseat the RAM (see page 44 of the HMM)
3. Convert the bootable Windows 8 DVD installer into a bootable Windows 8 USB installer using this guide.
If same issue, I would:do the following or contact lenovo for warranty service.