Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Assim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,892
Message 1 of 4

NEW Lenovo G500 with serious problems

Hi guys Smiley Very Happy .

I bought a new Lenovo G500 about 6 months ago with FREE DOS, so I installed Windows 7 on it and it was soo fine !! After 3 months I wanted to upgrade my OS, so I removed Windows 7 and I installed Windows 8.

Unfortunately, since I installed it, several problems showed up :

1) When I press power button, the pc freeze on Lenovo Logo, so the OS doesn't load .. Until I try 3 or 4 times ..

2) When I use Windows, the PC's mouse freeze RANDOMLY with NO REASON, and the OS .. 

3) After this problems, I tried to reformat .. But the problem is the BIOS don't show up when I press F2 ( Itry 4 or more times till I enter the BIOS ) , and when I insert the windows DVD, it does not detect by the BIOS, even I enter to Boot Manager ( F12 ), and even I configured my BIOS with this settings :

+ Boot Mode : Legacy

+ Boot Priority : Legacy First

+ UEFI Boot : Disable

+ ( No Quick Boot in my BIOS )
+ USB Boot : Enable
+ ( NO Secure Boot in my BIOS )
+ Hot Key : Disable
+ OS Optimized : Other OS

Notes :
+ The BIOS is updated to the lateset version available (2.01) .
+ My OS ( Windows 8 ) and devices are updated with all Updates .

+ I did a Hardware Scan with Lenovo Solution Center program, and all devices are fine !

However this settings, the preblems still the same !!
Pleaase HELP ME, bcz I'm soo LOST Man Sad .. I have many projects to work on, and now I can't work with serious problems !!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,872
Message 2 of 4

Re: NEW Lenovo G500 with serious problems

hi Assim,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Since you'll be installing Windows 8 in legacy mode, can you also set this setting in the BIOS (if applicable):

- Link to picture

Security Tab:

Secure Boot = Disabled

When done, press F10 to save and exit and try to boot frm the Win8 DVD. If you still can't get it to boot, consider converting it to a bootable USB installer and observe.

Create Bootable USB with Windows 8 ISO

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Assim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,858
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

First, thanks for answering, I was waiting for long to get a response.

Secondly, I wrote in the notes that the Secure Boot option doesn't exist in my Bios !!!

And I'm wondering if the logo's freeze is a serious problem ??

PLEASE HELP ME to get out of this problems !! It's a NEW PC !!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,840
Message 4 of 4

hi Assim,

My bad, must have missed that part.

When you turn ON the computer, the machine goes into POST where it communicates and detects the connected hardware devices on the machine. When the devices are initialized, the Lenovo Splash screen comes up and will now then find a device to boot (as listed in the boot device priority). 

Since you get freezing / hanging issues on the Lenovo splash screen, it's possible that it has issues finding a proper boot device or one of the hardware components that it initialized is malfunctioning. Since you were able to boot into Windows by turning ON/OFF the computer a few times, I would do the following:

1. Perform a clean boot and update the BIOS to v2.03

- as per this readme.txt, this updates the SunPro VBIOS to BR45158_001 (GPU)

2. Reseat the RAM (see page 44 of the HMM)

3. Convert the bootable Windows 8 DVD installer into a bootable Windows 8 USB installer using this guide.

If same issue, I would:do the following or contact lenovo for warranty service.

a. Run a secondary diagnostic test on the RAM (using MemText 86+), HDD (using HDTune) and on the graphics with OCCT (see this guide)

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors