Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-03-2011

INDIA

15 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 12

Need help Guys ( For lenovo G450 laptop) on Bios recovery

2011-01-03, 23:09 PM

Good day Guys,

I just got myself into some serious trouble last night. I formatted HDD & installed windows 7 (64bit ) OS on my laptop. So, i deicded to download latest drivers from lenovo website & tried to do a bios update with (x64 18CN44WW (V2.53).exe ).

But after running the update the sys hanged..i waited for 1.5hrs but it never responded or moved further while Flashing the BIOS...so got bit worried and i know am not suppose to shutdown or do anything with it while bios update but  was helpless as it was lying dead ( with a still display there on screen). So i somehow convinced myself and did a restart ( battery removal way ) but finally landed in a bios crash.:smileysad:

I completely got frustated....i did everything successfully in getting my laptop running fresh by installing new windows stuff  but finally did a mistake by doing a bios update...so that is wer iam now..

so can someone tell me how to do a bios recovery or something so that i can bring my laptop up...plz there shud be someway...i tried the " Crisis Recover Disk with Pen Drive " method on my desktop to create a Recovery Image but the software says NO REMOVABLE disk found on my  where in i had my Pendrive inserted....so complete chaos now...so can someone give me a step by step procedure to come out of this problem...This is my first post here...so dont knw the posting regulations...if any thing wrong....plz do bare....hope somsone helps me.....dont know whether can i post my email add here....anyway, am not doing that.....so buddies plzz help me out of this.

Thank you & regards.

Options

301 Posts

10-08-2010

Saint Helena

908 Signins

4473 Page Views

• Views: 4473
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Need help Guys ( For lenovo G450 laptop) on Bios recovery

2011-01-04, 5:07 AM
worst case ever you got here. As far as i understood,you have totally dead notebook, witch doesnt start up or react anyhow.

Chances of reviving notebook with ease are really low.
Based on my same experience (but on y560 model) dont waste your time and get it to Lenovo Tech Center.
Options

3 Posts

01-03-2011

INDIA

15 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 12

2011-01-07, 19:41 PM
Ahh...i did followed your advice of taking it to the tech support. They ask for a invoice with the Serial No. of the machine on it to cover it under warranty but the shop gave me an invoice where its written G450 9JQ and nothing other than that.Now this stands as a conflict..any idea what to do next.....am in real trouble now.

By the way, what happened in our case...was something wrong with the MOTHERBOARD ITSELF OR just BIOS was recovered ?
They fear me saying motherboard might have crashed..is that true ? will the bios update crash a motherboard ? plz advice
Options

301 Posts

10-08-2010

Saint Helena

908 Signins

4473 Page Views

• Views: 4473
  • Message 4 of 12

2011-01-09, 18:54 PM

i believe its the problem of bios package itself under windows(unstable thing).

Motherboard crash...yes, i think you can say that. No working BIOS - no computer,as its the heart of the computer,as bios basically is the program witch coordinates work of all hardware(and ofcourse motherboard itself) witch is connected to motherboard.

You can make Rude analogy with anatomy. Heart(BIOS) can work without brain(OS). But Brain wount work without heart.

Usually, notebook manufacturers dont bother fixing motherboard and simply replace it (or whole notebook).

But to more or less experienced tech support can reflash the dead motherboard with special tools in 5 minutes.

Bring notebook directly to Tech Center. State your business. And dont make them blame you for that.

Options

1043 Posts

07-14-2010

Canada

3946 Signins

17523 Page Views

• Views: 17523
  • Message 5 of 12

2011-01-10, 0:37 AM

That's weird about the Proof Of Purchase... Have you gone to the shop where you bought it, and asked if they can help you out? When I was a tech, if there was an issue, I'd just call up the company on behalf of the customer. It usually worked out.

They just want to make sure you're not lying, though it's a lousy accusation anywho.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Options

1 Posts

02-11-2011

usa

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 6 of 12

2011-02-11, 2:59 AM
hi,

I have the same case , I am flashing my bios and it just hanged, and turn it off, and turned it on again and the screen is blank...did you already fix your problem?

Options

5 Posts

09-30-2009

India

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 7 of 12

BIOS ROM Failure.. System showing Black Screen.. Not booting

2011-09-25, 20:26 PM

Hi,

I have G450-2949 laptop.. I tried updating "BIOS Update" for Win-7 64-bit.... The system hung.... was in same state for almost more than 30  mins... none keys worked... so I tried switching off forcefully.... didn't allowed.... finally I removed the battery and system was OFF.... after that the system is not even showing the Boot Screen..... Please help.... I googled few pages and learnt something about USB flash.... Tried "One Key Recovery"..... sometimes it did beeped.... but nothing happened.

Can anyone please tell me exact steps I need to perform.... OR How acn I get in touch with Lenovo technician??? I have SanDisk Cruzer B lade 4GB USB Drive.... Please let me know the exact steps I need to do to make my system work. Also, how much time does the process takes to recover.... If I am aware about the time, I can be patient...

System Config:

Processor: Intel T6500 2.1GHz

RAM: 2GB

Have USB Ports..... CD-Drive.....

Any means to resolve this problem.... USB Flash / CD Boot for Flashing ROM??? Please help..

Thanks,

Anil Sharma

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Sharma
Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 8 of 12

Re: BIOS ROM Failure.. System showing Black Screen.. Not booting

2011-09-25, 21:26 PM
you didn't restart your computer before flashing bios, did you?
i'm not sure if it helps but you can try bios recovery. take a look at the threads below:

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/Bios-Recovery-with-Lenovo-G560-Intel-i3-Notebook/m-p/222456#M19317

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-ideaPad-Y560-BIOS-Recovery/m-p/377911

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Options

5 Posts

09-30-2009

India

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 9 of 12

2011-09-26, 7:14 AM

Tried the 2nd link,

Downlaoded the file... Copied the bios.wph file from "18C N44WW (V2.53)" to the Lenovo 560 Pheonix Crisis folder.. from different computer which has internet access...

Plugges usb drive.... copied the files from folder "Lenovo Y560 Pheonix Crisis Tool" to the "Autorun.inf" folder in the usb drive..

Removed the drive from working computer....

Plugged the usb drive in failed coputer.... With power-plug ON, battery included....

Holding Fn+R... pressed the start key.... usb was blinking... but fan did not start... and after around 5 secs.... usb just shows red light... but doesn't blink.....

Is this it???? Still computer is not repaired.... What else do i need to do?? 

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Sharma
Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 10 of 12

2011-09-26, 8:50 AM
you need to download g450 bios instead y560.
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=880973

try again.

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms