Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre_E
Paper Tape
Views: 7,774
Message 11 of 19

Re: New G570 with WiFi internet connection problem

had not checked to get e-mail when someone replies.

polmol
What's DOS?
Views: 7,746
Message 12 of 19

@RakeshRaj wrote:

Hi NINE

First of all, Thanks for helping us with an option to try. I tried updating or reinstalling all the drivers, but unfortunately it didn't work. 

So I tried with IP settings. Here are the steps that I went through:

1) Open Run, type cmd and enter.  Type ipconfig /all  , enter and note down all the details for wireless adapter ie. Default Gateway, Preffererd DNS server, Alternate DNS server.

2) After connecting to wifi network, open the network and sharing center.

3) Click on Manage Wireless Networks and then click on Adapter Settings.

4) Open TCP/IPv4 Properties. In the Ip address row, type an address, this should be IP for your machine. It should be very similar to your default gateway eg. if your default gateway is 192.168.1.1 then give an IP as 192.168.1.10

5) In the subnet mask enter 2555.255.255.0, give your defaulkt gateway IP in its column,

6) In both the DNS server rows enter the respective IP address that you noted down earlier.

7) Click OK and you are good to go. Now you should be able to access internet. 

i did everything you said but I don't have prefered or alternate DNS server when I access iPconfig, just DNS server. I tried not putting anything in the alternate DNS server field but it didn't work. Help!

Andre_E
Paper Tape
Views: 7,738
Message 13 of 19

My internet had worked fine for months, until last week. So, I backed out windows updates from 8/16, and it came back. Then I caught back up with my windows updates and it continued working. So, whatever was automatically updated on 8/16 must have been causing the problem. So, in my case it was just a question of what may have changed from when it was working to when it stopped working.

I hope this helps some of you.

Peace, Andre

wcs1236
What's DOS?
Views: 7,654
Message 14 of 19

Had exact same problem. Think it was caused by the McAfee Virus protection app that came with laptop. I purchased the full version and it automatically configured my firewall. I turned off the firewall for Domains and Private and left public turned on and that seemed to fix my issue. Hope this helps.
nnasika
What's DOS?
Views: 7,403
Message 15 of 19

Thanks a Lot, Rajesh.  My problem is now solved.Smiley Happy

meinz
What's DOS?
Views: 6,642
Message 16 of 19

Greetings Com;

I have the Lenovo ip z585. I also have this issue of limited connectivity. All of my wireless or ip fed components work fine except for browsing. I have tried multiple times reconfiguring the IPV4 and IPV6 settings to get a static IP, however we are in a rural area using broadband with DCHP. I located the static outbound router (preferred DNSs) and for moments it works. Yet after a refresh, sleep, or 12hrs. The magic is lost.

Work recently gave me a new laptop which has no problem getting me through. Yet since it's a mac, I can't do anything but edit pretty pictures, until I install bootcamp and raid this thing.

I have two questions before I try everything, I don't think its the BIOS, I don't think it's a wireless card error where the black and whites are swapped. I don't think it's the IPV4 settings. When I take it to work I have no difficulty attaching to that network(s) which are far more complex.

1. Could it be that the wireless network has an issue assigning and keeping a IP address in some sort of timed refresh> If so I can't see how to bump up the certificate time.

2. I have no problem attaching to cat5e and wiring straight in, clearly it's a wireless issue. Are there any other tips that could allow me to attach directly to the DNS without using IPV4 settings? 

I am getting kind of lost, I know only enough to be dangerous....

densermania
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,969
Message 17 of 19

Same here lenovo g50 70 with Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter Driver version: 10.0.0.274 done all.   When starts disconnecting it keeps on doing it but lately it could no longer be reset by the troubleshooter the only option is to turn off the router. Tried updating to this WLAN Driver (Atheros, Realtek) for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) – Lenovo G40-70, G50-70.exe got it from lenovo website no effect. Also set power option all to maximum especially the adapter, install and reinstall, mcafee remove - still same problem. 

No upgrading i got it as windows 8.1 as it was plus the latest important updates installed only two weeks old.

Im still trying what i can....suggestions are most welcome. 

densermania
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,734
Message 18 of 19

My wifi disconnection solved please go to link and scroll densermania.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-networking/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-on-w...

Highlighted
engineeredbygod
Paper Tape
Views: 4,841
Message 19 of 19

Issue: Windows 8.1 Limited Wifi Internet Connection
Fix I tried but didn't fix it:
1. Reset router.
2. Enable and disable driver for wifi for pc.
3. Uninstall and Re install updated driver for wifi.
4. Performed Reset of tcp/ip stack.
5. Disabled wifi adapter napping.
6. Reset Tcp/ip auto tuning.

Model Wireless:
Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless Lan 801.11n PCI-E NIC

Kindly pm me if you have any ideas on how to resolve this issue, i tried wired connection and works fine. Tried other public wifi connection and works fine.

By the way my PC is lenovo G5070
Windows 8.1
1 TB HDD
6GB DDR3
2GB Video Card

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors