Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sbullet86
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,614
Message 1 of 19

New G570 with WiFi internet connection problem

Greeting community-   After spending nearly 2 hours of being transferred from IBM to Lenovo call centers, I decided to give this a shot.

I received my G570, and have had internet issues since.  It can connect to my WiFi network, however after using the internet for a few minutes, it consistently gets the yellow "!" over the wifi icon in the task bar and says no internet connection and I loose my connection.   I know it is an issue with THIS laptop since my old and decrepit HP laptop which sits next to it works perfectly fine using the same network, as well as my smartphone and room mate's devices.

I have downloaded the Lenovo update software and attempted to use it. I get a message saying something along the lines of no available packages, assuming that means everything is up to date in terms of drivers.

I have done some research with the terms "lenovo, g570, wifi, internet, problems, connection" and yield many pages, however none have seem to provide a solution that works for me.

Can anyone give some suggestions?      

Psxsage
Punch Card
Views: 40,551
Message 2 of 19

Re: New G570 with WiFi internet connection problem

The first solution to try is first download the most up to date driver for your wifi card directly from Lenovos site and put the file on your desktop.  THEN (and only after you have downloaded the new file) Uninstall your old driver via device manager and then install the new driver you just downloaded.  It's possible your driver is corrupted if that does not solve the issue post again and their are other things to try.

Lenovo 15.6,B575 W7 E-450,ATI6320,320GB,8GB DDR3 Ram-*Midnight*
Dell Latitude D430,12.1 C2D 1.3 ULV,2GB DDR2,80gb SSD,Intel 950,XP *Mini Me*
Dell Latitude D630,14.1,C2D2.0,W7,500GB,8GB DDR2,X3100*Old Faithful*
Nvidia I shall Never forgive you for the 8000m Series.
sbullet86
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,547
Message 3 of 19

I have done that before, and it did not seem to change anything. 

MrSunny
What's DOS?
Views: 40,520
Message 4 of 19

Dear friends,

I too just bought a Lenovo G570 laptop over the weekend and am experiencing a similar problem. Each time when I power on my laptop, it tries to connect to the internet and shows an exclamatory mark next to it. It says limited connectivity on the task bar. I have to then manually disconnect it and then re-connect again to get connectivity and it works fine till the next reboot. 

Laptop seemed to be working fine the first day and the problem appeared to have started the second day after doing Windows OS updates. Not quite sure if that is the problem or anything else. Please input your suggestions.

RakeshRaj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,499
Message 5 of 19

I too am having the same problem of no access to internet. Same exclamatory sign is showed. 

I tried loading ubuntu and then connecting but still no connection to internet could be established. This made me realize that it was not a windows problem. I wonder if this is a hardware problem. 

Former Employee
Views: 40,495
Message 6 of 19

Hi all,

Was reading through your thread and sorry to hear about the issues you're facing. I understand how frustrating wireless issues can be. 

I'm assuming that all of you have updated the wireless drivers. It is advisable to download the drivers directly from the website. Another thing I might want you to do is to update the BIOS and The Power manager aswell. Please click on the link below for the Drivers.

BIOS

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018378

Powermangement

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018553

Wireless (There are 2 sets of drivers. Please choose the Correct one that your machine has been installed with)

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029965

or

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS011261

Do let me know of the changes.

Regards

RakeshRaj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,422
Message 7 of 19

Hi Guys,

I think I found the problem,.. atleast in my case. After some frustration, I finally found that the problem is not with the laptop. Its the router that is the culprit. Apparently, the router was not able to assign an IP to my lap( a DHCP problem).So instead of using the option of "automatically get an Ip address" i started using a static IP in my ipv4 properties...and voila...i got acccess to internet again :-)  and now I dont have that intermittent problem of getting disconnnected too. 

So, If you can get access to lan but cannot access internet and a yello exclamation mark is displayed....that might be the problem with some settings . Give it a try before going out to buy a new lan card or whatever. Lets see.

Best Of Luck.

Former Employee
Views: 40,405
Message 8 of 19

hi RakeshRaj,

Thanks posting your results. This is great news to hear everything is working out for you. Would you be able to describe the steps that you did for your system to work again? This would be a great benefit to rest of the community :-D

@ all 

Just wondering if you have tried the suggestion That i have made earlier? I hope RakeshRaj would be able to share the steps he did to get this issue resolved. At least it will give you an option to try out. In the mean time, For starters I would suggest updating the drivers I listed earlier.

Hope to hear your feedback.

REagards.

RakeshRaj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,387
Message 9 of 19

Hi NINE

First of all, Thanks for helping us with an option to try. I tried updating or reinstalling all the drivers, but unfortunately it didn't work. 

So I tried with IP settings. Here are the steps that I went through:

1) Open Run, type cmd and enter.  Type ipconfig /all  , enter and note down all the details for wireless adapter ie. Default Gateway, Preffererd DNS server, Alternate DNS server.

2) After connecting to wifi network, open the network and sharing center.

3) Click on Manage Wireless Networks and then click on Adapter Settings.

4) Open TCP/IPv4 Properties. In the Ip address row, type an address, this should be IP for your machine. It should be very similar to your default gateway eg. if your default gateway is 192.168.1.1 then give an IP as 192.168.1.10

5) In the subnet mask enter 2555.255.255.0, give your defaulkt gateway IP in its column,

6) In both the DNS server rows enter the respective IP address that you noted down earlier.

7) Click OK and you are good to go. Now you should be able to access internet. 

Andre_E
Paper Tape
Views: 40,098
Message 10 of 19

I have a similar problem with my G570. It was working fine until a couple of days ago when it could not connect to the internet. I check the network status and it is connected to my router, but there is an X between the router and the internet icon. However, every other computer and device connected to the same router is getting to the internet. So, I tried a neighbor's router, and the same thing. It connects, gets IP address and all, but there is an X to the internet. So, then I cabled it to my modem, and same thing. I can see it is connected, but no connection to the Internet.... I have reset my router, rebooted, connected/disconnected, and I gather is not my router/modem/internet, is not the wireless connection either since it does the same wired. So, what changed? What else do I need to do? And if I need to upgrade anything how do I install updates when I have to download them from another computer and put them on an USB because I have no access to the internet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors