Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJGreenPL
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 1 of 1

Numerous issues with a new B590

Hello

About a month ago I bought a second-hand B590 (apparently it was returned before even used, so its practically brand new) but received it without battery and for a month I used it with an AC adapter. On first boot everything fine, Windows 7 operating smoothly, then I attempt to boot it again next day (after safe shutdown) and it entered a recovery mode, of which only a memory diagnostic seems to allow W7 to boot. Now this happens on every boot ith a loud beep at the beginning (apparently that means the hardware is engaging fine so its probably BIOS). I looked for solutions and one that I found was to reset BIOS which I couldnt do as the message after going F1 -> F10 said OS Default Optimize Disabled, not mentioning that while in BIOS menu the computer starts beeping constantly.

Thats the first issue I dont know how to deal with, but then I thought that perhaps getting the battery installed would help. So now I got one, an original Lenovo Lithium-Ion battery, and the laptop does not recognize it as genuine, doesn't charge etc. I tried downloading a new lenovo power manager to no effect, also tried to update BIOS which brings me to next issue.

BIOS update tool I got from Lenovo for B590 does not recognize the system and cannot update. So now I am left with a laptop that I cannot take anywhere or even shutdown because it goes haywire, but thats not all.

I have not dropped it anywhere and I did not experience this issue on first boot, although I doubt its to do with OS, but the physical power button a) isnt lit up when in normal use and b) does not actually boot the system unless I press down on the entire laptop case and then press the button. 

I know that for the last issue the only solution would be to give it to a service, but I think that the issues with BIOS could be solved as they are and I would like to know how.

Thanks for replies

MJ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors