Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 532
Message 1 of 3

OneKey Recovery on New HardDrive

hi,

i own a lenovo G50-45 and a i want to buy a new hdd for my laptop.

i have two questions:

1) when i will install windows 10(currently using 8.1) do i have to give a product key during the installation process or the windows will identify the built-in OEM key in the BIOS automatically?

2) when i will install a new hdd, what will happen to the one key recovery that was earlier on my hdd.

thank you.

SeniorGuru
Views: 525
Message 2 of 3

Re: OneKey Recovery on New HardDrive

If you had taken advantage of the Windows 10 free upgrade then your "Key" is also registered with Microsoft and you will have the ability to "re-install" Windows 10 on your computer. You will need to look closely for the correct link on the install screen that asks for your windows key, it will be a one line statement, with a check box indicating you are "re-installing" the product.

If you have not made your recovery disks, I would strongly recommend doing so at the first opportunity. A new hard disk drive will lack the Lenovo recovery partition as it is blank (unallocated) storage device and will require formatting and partitioning to use correctly.

If your original hard disk drive has become unusable or damaged and you do not have the means to create your recovery disks, then you can purchase them from Lenovo support for a moderate fee.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 504
Message 3 of 3

Re: OneKey Recovery on New HardDrive

thank you
that was helpful

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors