cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLL98
Paper Tape
Views: 741
Message 1 of 3

OneKey System, Recovery partition, need repartition. Will it corrupt recovery partition?

Hello to Lenovo support(and community)!

My laptop: Lenovo G560 (I have noticed some variable specification)

I have bought G560 and it came with around 500GB hard disk;

partition C: 420-430GB which is for application software, operating system, and user documents.

partition D: 30GB for OneKey system reocvery and needed files, perhaps for factory restore.

and two more partitions but they are invisible and only found them by running disk management.

Now the problem is that I have my files(documents), app software and operating system on the same partition and I want to have only the operating system on C and have app and documents on another partition OR have a new 200-300GB(taken from C) for backups partition.

**I know it is not recommended to have backups on the same hard disk, but this is a temporary solution.

How can I shrink C to have unallocated space and use it to create a new partition(or more) without corrupting the D OneKey Recovery partition?

Thanks for supporting your customers!!!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 737
Message 2 of 3

Re: OneKey System, Recovery partition, need repartition. Will it corrupt recovery partition?

Hello OLL98, welcome to Lenovo forums!

You can´t use Onekey Recovery anymore if you change the partitions.

So please create your recovery media before, messing up with the partitions. My 2 cents.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

OLL98
Paper Tape
Views: 735
Message 3 of 3

Re: OneKey System, Recovery partition, need repartition. Will it corrupt recovery partition?

No it can't be!

Can't I leave alone D and only shrink C to have unallocated space?

I won't even touch D, is it still not possible?

Top Kudoed Authors