cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeniorGuru
Views: 396
Message 11 of 11

Re: PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable und PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

If you are seeing PXE boot fail message then the boot order may need to be changed to DVD, HDD, USB then PXE.

If the POST hands off to BIOS OS loader and nothing is found to "boot strap" the OS up, then it will cycle thru the options until it gets to a bootable device.

If nothing is found, the last checked device will be shown with an error message indicating no boot device found.

This usually means that the OS loaded to the hard disk drive (if any) has corrupted or missing boot files, even if the data is still there.

EasyBCD has a repair disk option available that works quite well for repairing non-booting systems. If it comes up with errors with the HDD then it is time to replace the drive. Even new drives can fail right at the start so no surprises there.

If you re-install the OS and is solves the problem (on an older drive) then run a SMART diagnostic and see if you need to replace the drive due to errors listed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors