Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elainecy
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 1 of 7

Please help with bios setup for Idea laptop Windows 10

I need to enable virtualization hence tried to enter bios setup for my laptop. Tried a few options:

1. press F2

Does not work. directly goes into windows.

2. press novo key. 

This can bring me to the blue screen where i can see a few options including BIOS Setup. However, when i selected this Bios Setup option and pressed enter, the system directly started normal windows .

3. use UEFI

I followed the below support article and restarted laptop with UEFI. Again, the laptop straigtly goes into windows after restart, not even displaying the blue screen Bios Setup option.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sg/en/solutions/ht500216

Please help as i am running out of idea now. If there is another way to enable virtualization without entering Bios, please suggest. Thank you!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 221
Message 2 of 7

Re: Please help with bios setup for Idea laptop Windows 10

Knowing what exact model of laptop you have would certainy be helpful in helping you.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 217
Message 3 of 7

Have you tried Fn+F2 at startup?

elainecy
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 4 of 7

It's Lenovo Idea G580. with Window 10. Thanks!

elainecy
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 5 of 7

I did not as my laptop keyboard is spoiled and i have an extenal key board. But i am able to enter the blue screen which has the Bios setup listed using Novo button, so i guess it's the same.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 6 of 7

Try doing a full shutdown ( SHIFT + shutdown) before restarting via the Novo button.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

elainecy
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 7 of 7

tried it just now. still the same. after full shut down, can enter the blue screen by pressing novo key, but then after select ed Bois Setup and pressed enter, went stright to windows.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors