07-18-2010

Thousand Oaks CA

56 Signins

477 Page Views

• Views: 477
  • Message 1 of 2

Post recovery disk options

2013-01-31, 23:35 PM

If I create a recovery disk before doing anything else on my computer, can I then delete the numerous partitions that Lenovo puts on the computer and still get back to the factory default setup by using the recovery disks if I need to do so?

I saw the article dealing with creating recovery media but it deals strictly with doing it to a USB drive. I'm assuming that this can also be done using DVDs as well? I'm I correct?

Finally if I were to want to resize the partition on the C: drive, I would have to make a system image using Windows 8 if I wanted to restore the OS on the resized partition because OneKey Recovery would no longer work with a resized partition. Is this correct?

I'm asking because I would prefer to partition my drive in order to store data separately from the OS as most people do and don't want to be locked by Lenovo's setup. At the same time, I want to have a way to restore it to its factory defaults if necessary.

BTW, I've got a G780 laptop in case this matters regarding a response

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Post recovery disk options

2013-02-02, 1:07 AM

Hi imann08,

I hope to answer all your questions today.

The safe partitions you can probably delete would be the D and recovery partition. The other partitions are needed.

The article describes creating the recovery option via USB drive, not for USB. 

Yes, a resized C: partition would definitely make the One Key Recovery not to work.  The best option would be to go for the Recovery Media for Windows 8 via USB.

Please see link reagarding creating recovery media for Windows 8.

Hope this helps.

Don

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete