Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

65 Posts

01-28-2014

India

65 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 1 of 9

Problem with Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7

2014-02-22, 11:40 AM

Hi,

I have Lenovo G500  laption running on Windows 7 32bits OS. I decided to upgrade the audio drivers since I was having trouble with headpohne. It was recommended to me that I upgrade the drivers.

So I installed the Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7. Now when I start the laptop the startup sound of Windows 7 do plays but after that I do not get any sound at all. Is there any bug with drivers update? 

Windows Media Player shows error C00D11B1. Other media players also fail to play music. There is even no sound on sutting down the laptop. 

The sound card is enabled and so are speakers but still there is no sound. 

Options

459 Posts

08-08-2013

Pakistan

461 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Views: 5706
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem with Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7

2014-02-22, 20:11 PM

Hi mayank29gupta,

Welcome to the forums,

Try these two methods. See whichever helps.

Method 1:

1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Go to Tools->Options->DVD->Advanced tab.
3. In the codecs section, scroll down to the codec of the video you are trying to play i.e .wpl  and see if it says "disabled" next to it in the "decoder" column. 
4. If it does, select a decoder for the codec.

Method 2:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the windows help article below.

Back up the registry
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Type regedit into the Start Search box and hit enter.
3. If asked for permission, click on Continue to open the Registry Editor
4. On the left-pane, navigate to the following: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio.
5. In the right-pane, double click on the text, DisableProtectedAudioDG, and change the value from 1 to 0.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer.

That should be it. If this doesn’t fix the problem, please provide the version of Windows Media Player and the complete error message.

suggestions

1. Try reinstalling the Conexant audio drivers again

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)

keep me posted

Regards

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
Options

65 Posts

01-28-2014

India

65 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2014-02-23, 5:58 AM

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not try any of the solutions provided by you.

1. I went to Window Media Player > Tools > Options > DVD >. There was advanced tab, but it can't be opened.

2. Then I tried your registry solution and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio

But there was no text like DisableProtectedAudioDG. There were only three options.

(Default)

EnableCaptureMonitor

EnableLogonHIDControl

I should point out to you since perhaps it wasn't clear from my previous post. The issue is not just with Windows Media Player but audio in general. I only get the Windows startup sound on starting the laptop. But after that neither Window Media Player, VLC Media Player etc play any song and neither any system sound plays. Even the sound that is played on shutting down does not get played.

For some reason, audio gets disabled after the Windows 7 start. How can I fix it. The speakers as well sound card etc were enabled and detected by the Windows but sound isn't playing.

Options

459 Posts

08-08-2013

Pakistan

461 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2014-02-23, 11:41 AM

How about trying a system restore ?

restore your laptop to the point where audio was working

keep me posted

regards

Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
Options

65 Posts

01-28-2014

India

65 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2014-02-26, 11:08 AM

Hi Abdul,

System restore seems to have done the trick. It has uninstalled the Conexant Audio Drivers and its back to drivers installed by the Windows 7.

I picked the date for restore which was before the orinigal issue that actually forced me to install the audio drivers by Conexant.

However after couple of days of use, I can see that the original issue has propped up again. The Audio jack sometimes fails to recognize the headphones however the microphone embedded in the headset is recognized. 

Options

13 Posts

07-26-2014

Brazil

129 Signins

907 Page Views

• Views: 907
  • Message 6 of 9

2014-08-02, 18:16 PM

I have the same problem on my laptop

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Lenovo-G400s-touch-win-7-x64-starts-without-sound/m-p/1654517/highlight/false

Lenovo please fixes the audio driver for win 7 system.

Options

459 Posts

08-08-2013

Pakistan

461 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2014-08-02, 21:25 PM

I would consider a hardware failure, but at the same time the system restore had pro-longed the issue, Have you tried running an OKR ?

Options

13 Posts

07-26-2014

Brazil

129 Signins

907 Page Views

• Views: 907
  • Message 8 of 9

2014-08-03, 0:47 AM

In my case it's not a hardware failure because the problem does not happen on GNU/linux system. Driver for win 7 x64 is problematic and need to be updated.

Options

1 Posts

06-06-2015

New Delhi

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 9 of 9

SOLVED: Conexant Audio Driver for Windows XP(ServicePack-3) OR WINDOWS 8.1

2015-06-06, 8:35 AM

I installed Windows Xp on Lenovo G500,  Somehow arranged graphics, wifi, lan, sdcard drivers.
but it was really difficult,  since the audio drivers  were not working. 

I tried so many Conexant SmartAudio HD drivers from Lenovo as well as other sites but it was all useless
Fortunately I found one which really worked !! on Windows Xp and the same driver worked with Windows 8.1.

I am therefore providing the link to all my brothers to make the soundcard work in WindowsXP.
(I downloaded the Conexant Audio driver for Windows 8 64bit,  but luckily this driver got worked in Windows Xp too...
Enjoy brothers:   :-)

Download link:  http://fr e e driver.org/drivers/notebook.php?n_firm=Lenovo&n_model=G500
(pls remove the spaces from the above link,  since they are not allowing me to post link

The above link provides various driver for LENOVO G500.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms