Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sishio
Paper Tape
Views: 5,886
Message 1 of 4

Problem with G500s Touch Screen

I'm experiencing a problem with my G500s Touch, i am not touching the screen but it makes a lot of random inputs and appears contextual menu (like right click). It's really annoying, one of these days i'm going to throw this laptop through my apartment's window.

I already opened device manager and deleted all HID interfaces and reinstalled. Reinstalled Elan Drivers (i think maybe it is the problem, elan driver), i used windows restore 3 times and i still have the problem.

A Quick solution for this: Ctrl + Alt + Del, then Escape. And you will not have this problem in the next 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes.

Please, if you have solution for this problem.

Regards.

error pantalla.png

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,860
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with G500s Touch Screen

hi sishio,

From your observation, it looks like the Touchscreen is malfunctioning.

Can you try the following 

1. Under the Device ManagerHuman Interface Devices, can you do a right click and disable on anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). 

2. When finished, reboot the system and observe if you still get the same issue.

If the problem gets fixed, you may need to contact lenovo and report your findings as you may need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sishio
Paper Tape
Views: 5,837
Message 3 of 4

Thanks neokenchi it solved the problem, im going to call technical support, but im sure there is no replacement part to fix it in my country. At least now i can work without this annoying issue.

HornyWell
What's DOS?
Views: 5,201
Message 4 of 4

THis might not be a problem of touch screen. However it could related to the touch pad between palms. I had similar situation, with file folders dragged / moved uncontrollably. I took it to Microsoft Store, and the girl explained my palms were touching the pad, causing the problem. You can disable the pad by pressing F6, and it should solve the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors