08-13-2013

United States

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 3

Problems with Lenovo G570 dvd drive

2013-08-13, 16:54 PM

I've got a Lenovo G570 using Windows 7.  I've recently lost the ability to use my DVD drive.  It appears in the Computer file but won't load anything.  I've already checked and the software is supposedly up to date.  I've even taken it out and re-seated it but nothing works.  Any advice?

Options

4468 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems with Lenovo G570 DVD drive

2013-08-13, 19:10 PM

Hi IMFrellingWonko,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

The Upper and lower filter does not fit he Symptom here but I suggest you give it a shot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

check My Computer screen when you put in a CD, sometimes autoplay won't work but you have to double click the CD icon to open the content.

If you already tried other known good disc format (DVD, regular CD, Mp3,data,bootable CDs) and still won't recognize any of them

It's possible that the Drive itself is having issue,

If you have other laptops that fits with the Drive size you can swap the Cd drive and check if it will work with other laptops. You can call Technical Support if the Laptop is still in Warranty.

Best Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

17 Posts

06-28-2012

India

22 Signins

314 Page Views

• Views: 314
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with Lenovo G570 DVD drive

2014-05-18, 12:11 PM

I was having similar problem. And I ran the CDDVDWin8.meta.diagcab (thanks for the link)

Windows fixed the CD/DVD Drive filter after the troubleshoot.

Can you explain what this "filter" is??

I posted my issue here: link. But unfortunately, the community seems dead, no reply so far!! Would be thankful if someone can enlighten me on this issue..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete