Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-30-2013

Czech republic

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Problems with Windows 8 Pro freezing on Lenovo g580 (20150)

2013-03-30, 3:51 AM

Hello,

I have Lenovo Ideapad G580 (model:20150; Intel Core i5, nVidia GT635m, 2x4GB RAM) from February 2013 and I have installed Windows 8 Pro on it. I have problem with Windows 8 freezing. It happens randomly, usually 2 times per week. When is system freezed, I must do a hard reset because system isn't responding to anything. It happens when I am surfing on internet, watching TV (AverTV USB tuner) or just switching from desktop to "metro" or vice versa, but it never happened, e.g., when I was playing some game. When it freezes, the last opened application is working (e.g. TV works fine) and I can move with cursor, then I try to cancel the application but system doesn't respond. Only hard reset works.

Is it a problem with windows drivers or with my hardware? Can you help me, please?

Best regards,

Lodest

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems with Windows 8 Pro freezing on Lenovo g580 (20150)

2013-04-03, 10:45 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Usually, a computer can appear to hang (stop responding) in the situations of insufficient system resources, high CPU usage, high disk usage, deadlock in kernel mode or key system processes, or hardware problem.

You can check if this hang issue usually hangs when high load, that may points to a resource issue, enable perfmon log to located which process caused that.

Regarding to the deadloack issue, based on my experience, most of these issues caused by the outdated driver, refer to the following action plans:

==========

1. upgrade all the hardware driver, firmware, BIOS.

2. upgrade the AV software.

3. Run disk check, if there is build-in hardware health Diagnostics Utility, also run it.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/b735884b-5afb-4405-ae90-64c29ca5fac0/

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms