Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-06-2014

Germany

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

Problems with a G580 which is still in warranty

2014-03-06, 23:09 PM

Hello,

I bought this laptop in India, with accidental and international warranty, from The Do Store. Then I shifted to Frankfurt, Germany, for my higher studies. But before leaving I noticed that I had issues with the touchpad. I took my laptop to the Lenovo repair centre, where they said I have to leave my laptop for 2 days as the touchpad needs to be replaced. I couldnt do that since I had my flight next day.  

Now will the Frankfurt Branch of Lenovo replace this piece of hardware for me please? Also my laptop is incredibly slow, and hangs intermittently. The mouse freezes,  the keyboard works, but sometimes the keyboard also doesnt work meaning the whole system hangs.

Currently there is windows 8 installed on this laptop. I am not very pleased with it, so planning on switching to windows 7. Also that should be done after the touchpad is replaced or before that?

Also I owned a thinkpad previously, and had no issues with it for 5 years..

Is it possible that I can trade this model and exchange it for a thinkpad (by paying the overhead) within lenovo, example an exchange offer or something?

Looking forward to a swift reply 

Options

8978 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77783 Signins

2227810 Page Views

• Views: 2227810
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems with a G580 which is still in warranty

2014-03-06, 23:13 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms