09-16-2020

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

RAM Upgrade G50-45 AMD A8

2020-09-16, 8:33 AM

i just purchased corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz i can see RAM 16gb but usable it says only 6.96GB (16GB)  also i tried to make utilize max memory from the msconfig ->boot->advance->max memory utilization ticked  but 9 GB is getting utilize by the  Hardware reserved is 9Gb which is too much so it will be waste  to purchase the new one kindly help to sort this issue 

Options

865 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

106 Signins

4991 Page Views

• Views: 4991
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:RAM Upgrade G50-45 AMD A8

2020-09-16, 9:10 AM

@ TchnoSapian wrote:

i just purchased corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz i can see RAM 16gb but usable it says only 6.96GB (16GB)  also i tried to make utilize max memory from the msconfig ->boot->advance->max memory utilization ticked  but 9 GB is getting utilize by the  Hardware reserved is 9Gb which is too much so it will be waste  to purchase the new one kindly help to sort this issue 

Hi TchnoSapian,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As you are running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, you should not be limited as much as the 32 bit is, that can only utilize 4gb of ram. So on this front we are good. Make sure you have the correct memory for the device: 

• DDR3L, 1600MT/s MAX 1 DIMM 
  • DDR3L, 1333MT/s MAX 2 DIMM

(MT/s = Effective Mhz)

L in DDR3L refers to Low Voltage 1.35V RAM (or dual voltage ram, 1.35V/1.5V)

A DD3L Module will run at either 1.35V or higher, but a DD3(1.5V) will not run lower then 1.5V

Therefor. DDR3L modules can be used in higher voltage systems, but DD3's can not run in lower voltage systems.

Below you will find some troubleshooting steps you can test to see if we can free up the massive reserved memory the hardware is taking. You can untick the "maximum memory" box in msconfig before you start.

Step 1. Check BIOS for graphics card options:

• Enter the BIOS of the device (by the use of the Novo Button)
  • In the Configuration's tab, check for anything related to IGPU/Graphics Device/Onboard Graphics etc
  • Make sure this is set to "OFF" as the system might be reserved a lot of the memory for your internal graphics card.
  • Head to the EXIT tab, and click on "Exit Saving Changes" or press "F10"

Step 2. Updating the BIOS

• Make sure you have the newest BIOS
  • You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
  • Just plot in the serial number of the device and hit enter (might have to press twice).
  • Then head to Drivers & Software then the BIOS section

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Step 3. Physically checking the Memory and/or Motherboard SODIMM's

One of the main reasons for a computer not to utilize it's entire memory is of either a motherboard memory slot fault or a memory module fault.  If you have more then 1 SODIMM slot in the device, then I'd try and swap the memory around. 

Take both modules out, then try to boot with testing one memory module in the first SODIMM slot, if that works, we can determine that the memory module is working correctly. 

Now test it in the second socket. If it doesn't boot in the second SODIMM slot, then the socket is faulty. 

If both sockets seems to be working fine. Test the second memory module. If the device will not boot at any point with the second memory module, then the memory module is faulty.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete