05-22-2017 01:11 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like that there might be an issue with your HDD, Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Make sure that the HDD is seated properly, no connections are loost or damaged.
Otherwise, try to perform a factory reset, see if that can be of any help at all.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.