cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimimoomoo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,582
Message 1 of 3

Re: is the B570 upgradeable to loads of RAM?

I'm wanting to upgrade my RAM as my Lenovo B570 runs like a slug..  I used Speccy to check and under RAM it tells me I have 4 slots - 2 free..  However speaking to  two different memory suppliers, I get different stories..  kingston they say I can only put 8GB  in the laptop (2 x 4GB replacing the 2 x 2GB presently)  the other company are happy to sell me an 8GB module (but who knows if it will fit!) ..  

However,  the previous poster seems to have a different experience and happily installed a 8GB SIM - ignorance is bliss in this case.  

It doesn't help that there seem to be so many different variants of B570 - Mines an i5 2.3 GHz Sandy Bridge on a Lenovo Emerald Lake.   A link to something helpful on the Lenovo website on another post seems to be dead 

Speccy says Total Memory Slots 4, Used memory slots 2, Free memory Slots 2.  Memory is DDR3 665.3 Mhz 9-9-9-24

A confirmation that I can add an 8GB RAM (either in slot 3 - if there is one, or replacing one 2GB RAM)

I have windows 7 64-bit  Premium that has a very high upper RAM limit - so that isn't an issue.

Also someone mentioned updating the BIOS ..  Anybody have a quick link ??

Thanks a lot.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,558
Message 2 of 3

Hi mimoomoo and welcome to the community,

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

First, I would use the tool above to see exactly what ram is installed in your machine and if you are going to mix ram chips, get the exact same specification ram.

2nd, it looks like there are 2 ram slots in your machine. Your Hardware Maintenance Manual on page 50 shows how to access the memory slots.  There should be 2 on top of each other.  

Here's your Driver page .  Check your bios version to see if you have the current bios or an older one.

From what I can find, it looks like your machine will accept 2 -4GB modules.  in the 2 available slots.  Maybe somebody can expand on this and say whether this is true or not.

Regards,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,548
Message 3 of 3

Found a thread where somebody upgraded his B570 to 16 GB.  

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-and-8-1/is-the-B570-upgradeable-to-windows-8/m-p/1039451#M2999

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors