Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-28-2013

UK

9 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 2

Refund under Warranty (Lenovo G570)

2013-11-28, 20:34 PM

Hi,

I purchased a Lenovo G570-4334 at PC World (UK equivalent of Best Buy) in late May/early June last year for £400. I also bought a year's warranty extension from Lenovo about a week later (I think it cost around £35).

The PC had been working great until the end of September when the fan failed, frying the motherboard and CPU. Lenovo in the UK outsource repairs to Medion in Germany and so it was sent there to be 'fixed'. About three weeks later it returned, and although working just about, the COA looked like it had been tampered with and I got a general feeling of it 'not having been screwed back together again' very well. 

About a week later, after I had spent a considerable length of time getting it back to service I was presented by a Windows Recovery screen at startup, directly after POST. I attempted booting into Ubuntu but the boot selection menu/BIOS weren't available. Once again, the laptop made its way to Germany for another 'repair', but only after a mini-saga with the courier. Another three weeks down the line, it came back last Friday with a new HDD (which, incidentally is much noisier than the old one).

Every other day since then I've had to reinstall Windows using OneKey Recovery (the only available option to get it to activate) after black screens during boot and start-up repair. I haven't had an opportunity to call Lenovo over this as I've been busy during the day, but I've had a look at the Warranty Guide for my model: http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/G470G570/Lenovo%20IdeaPad%20G470G475G570G575%20Limited%20Warranty%20V1.0%20(English).pdf and it says at the bottom of the 'What your service provider will do to correct problems' section that if the service provider determines, a refund of the purchase price can be made. Is there any chance in convincing them that after the extremely poor service I've experienced they would be able to release a refund?

Thanks, and certainly won't be buying Lenovo again!

Ben

Answer
Options

3 Posts

11-28-2013

UK

9 Signins

78 Page Views

Re: Refund under Warranty (Lenovo G570)

2013-11-29, 17:32 PM

So, the answer is a resounding 'No'. It's back off to Germany on Tuesday and will probably be spending Christmas in the back of a cold DPD delivery truck.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

11-28-2013

UK

9 Signins

78 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Refund under Warranty (Lenovo G570)

2013-11-29, 17:32 PM

So, the answer is a resounding 'No'. It's back off to Germany on Tuesday and will probably be spending Christmas in the back of a cold DPD delivery truck.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)