Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchan
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 1 of 6

Return don't work for interrupt to access to bios menu

I've a laptop B580, i want to go to menu bios to change the boot orger, but the message To interrupt normal startup, press Enter is not working, how can i fix this problem? the button to access to the bios menu? Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 91
Message 2 of 6

Re: Return don't work for interrupt to access to bios menu

With the laptop completely powered off, press the power button and immediately start slowly tapping the F1 key (may be Fn + F1) until it loads the BIOS.     

Not sure if it is the same on your system, but sometimes (again with the system fully powered off) pressing the Recovery button (small button to the right of the power button) will boot up the system to the recovery menu, and BIOS Setup will be an option there too. 

Cheers,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 84
Message 3 of 6

Is it actually displaying the message "To interrupt normal startup, press Enter" ?

If not, try as JDGillis said after a complete shutdown (SHIFT + shutdown) or after a restart.  If you try the Novo button, do so after a complete shutdown, not a "normal" shutdown.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

tchan
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for your reesponse, but it's not working,  Return, F1, F2 or Fn+F1, Fn+F2, same ...rhrhrh !!! i can't access to bios or the menu to choose the boot order. The small button it for the recovery system only, i have access but no menu for what i need .... so i need help again.

have a good day to all.

tchan
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 5 of 6

Yes, displaying the message but the button Return not work, you can see the reply to JDGillis, thanks.

I need help ....

SeniorGuru
Views: 48
Message 6 of 6

To use the Novo button you need to shut down the computer, then ONLY press the novo button to start up again. The menu that appears should contain a link to BIOS and allow you to enter that way.

If not - then try a power drain procedure:
1. Shut off notebook completely.
2. Remove battery, AC power.
3. Press down and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, AC power.
5. Use the novo button to enter BIOS
6. Set defaults, save and exit.

System should restart (warm boot) then allow you to enter windows. Try restarting and see if you can use the enter key to interrupt the boot cycle as desired.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors