cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexmia
Token Ring
Views: 1,000
Message 1 of 3

(SOLVED) Display brightness disappeared from Power Options in Vista, Lenovo G530

Hello board,

My system Lenovo G530 product ID 444638U

I used to be able to adjust display brightness in Vista from Control Panel > Power Options. I could set how bright when on battery and how bright when on AC. Also, it used to be that when I unplugged power cable it would automatically adjust my brightness according to those settings. Now, nothing happens when I unplug power cable, not even a beep.

Possible problem is as follows, but let's keep an open mind to other things as well. I spilled beer on keyboard recently. ONLY on keyboard I am sure. I replaced keyboard with something that fits but something that isn't made for my laptop, has different arrangement of Fn+ keys. Basically ever since the beer accident and ever since I replaced keyboard I had this brightness issue.

Please help me solve this.

-Alex

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 918
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display brightness disappeared from Power Options in Vista, Lenovo G530

try to re-install graphic card drivers and/or power management.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
alexmia
Token Ring
Views: 911
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display brightness disappeared from Power Options in Vista, Lenovo G530

I solved this problem..

Solution is to upgrade the BIOS to latest version. I am not sure actually whether latest BIOS had the needed fix or not, or it was just the process of updating the BIOS that solved this issue.  But no doubt, after flashing the BIOS, display brightness function reappeared!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors