cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thial
Paper Tape
Views: 7,439
Message 1 of 2

[SOLVED] Lenovo G50-80 Dolby Advanced Audio (Surround not working)

Hello. I've been looking for a solution for several days with no success so I decided to create my own thread. I've recently bought the G50-80 laptop. I performed a fresh install of win 7 Ultimate x64 on it and I downloaded and installed the most recent drivers from lenovo website. The problem is that Dolby surround sound is not working. The profile selector shows up properly and the equalizer works properly as well but surround virtualizer does nothing, ticking and unticking it does nothing as well as changing the level. My sound quality is at 24bit 44100 khz and I also own Creative Aurvana Live headphones which work just fine on my PC and surround works perfectly. My Conexant drivers are also up to date so the only thing that comes to my mind is that the new Conexant drivers are somewhat broken. Please help, I bought this laptop specifically because it was supposed to have surround sound and it's not working ;-;

//Edit

Fixed, I uninstalled all of my conexant / smart audio / dolby drivers and followed this guide http://www.gizdev.com/install-dolby-home-theather-v4-in-windows-7810/

now surround audio works perfectly and I even have more effects than before thanks to Dolby Home Theater v4

That guide should be also helpful for people having the PCEE4 error.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 7,400
Message 2 of 2

Re: [SOLVED] Lenovo G50-80 Dolby Advanced Audio (Surround not working)

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Thial and thanks for sharing your solution !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors