Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnyjj2
What's DOS?
Views: 2,752
Message 1 of 2

Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 - does not remember driver's settings after restart

Hello,

I have installed touch pad drivers for Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 (port PS/2) on Lenovo G580 with system Win 7 Ultimate x64. There is one irritating default behavior that I can change in the settings. Unfortunately, when I restart the computer, it forgets about my changes in the settings. I need to enter Control Panel -> Mouse and that's it - everything I need for driver to remember again about my settings. What can I do in order not to be forced to enter Control Panel -> Mouse every single restart of the system?

I include two print screens, where I have fixed that setting (later restarts it's enough for me to do what is on first screen shot, I do not need to follow step in second screen shot - it was only required the very first time when I have set it).

Thanks in advance for your help!

First screen shot:

Link to image 1

Second screen shot:

Link to image 2

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,698
Message 2 of 2

Re: Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 - does not remember driver's settings after restart

hi johnyjj2,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Uninstall the Synaptics Driver from Control Panel > Programs and Features and reboot

2. Download and install this driver directly from the Synaptics website and reboot.

Synaptics Driver v17.0.19

Windows 8/7/XP/Vista 64/32-bit Edition

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors