Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_W
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,051
Message 1 of 3

System drive/OneKey recovery for Lenovo G500S Touch

I have a Lenovo g500s touch laptop with Windows 8 that is not able to boot. The error message occurs very early in the startup process says “Your PC needs to be repaired. The application or OS couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contain errors.  File: \windows\system32\winload.efi. Error code 0xc000000f. You need to use recovery tools on your installation media. “

When trying to use OneKey recovery from the initial image, the recovery seems to start with the progress eye bouncing back & forth for about the 30 seconds.  Then the status = Intializing, the current file is blank, speed = 0 Bytes/Minute, Time elapsed continues to increase, Time remaining is blank and the status bar is blank with 0%.  I have let this run for many hours and it does not change. 

Booting via a USB recovery drive seems to indicate the hard drive is correctly working.  From a command window bootrec/fixmbr = successful; bootrec/fixboot = successful;  bootrec/scanOS says 0 windows installations found; bootrec/rebuildbcd also says 0 windows installations found.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Dave_W
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,024
Message 2 of 3

Re: System drive/OneKey recovery for Lenovo G500S Touch

I was shocked to see if I let it run (>12 hours) the oneKey recovery advanced past the initializing step.  It then proceeded to the recovering step and semed to restore all the files.  The whole process took about 27 hours.  Now when I boot it comes up to the Lenovo screen but does not advance any further.

Dave W

Dave_W
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,991
Message 3 of 3

Re: System drive/OneKey recovery for Lenovo G500S Touch

I had to replace the harddrive and reinstall the OS from CD to recover the system.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors