Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

11-28-2012

Brazil

26 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 1 of 3

Tab Key on G460

2013-05-28, 0:43 AM

Hello guys, 

I have an problem with the tab key on my computer. I don't remember when I start have this problem. 

I have an problem with the fan of my notebook in the past ( i need to use the method I describe on this topic ( http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G460-Fan-Always-Running/m-p/967747 ) . 

My doubt is: anyone using this bios version have this problem with this key ? I believe this is a problem with the bios because using the 'showkey' command on Linux i isn't see the interruption of this key. 

Anyone with a tip to solve this ? 

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Tab Key on G460

2013-05-28, 11:35 AM

Hi ataliba,

Thanks for posting in the Lenovo Community,

I’d like to ask you to share with us more information about the problem that you’re facing with the Button Tab?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

7 Posts

11-28-2012

Brazil

26 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Tab Key on G460

2013-08-18, 20:29 PM

Hello @SESoha,

i try many things on the last days but the only thing works is change the map keys on Linux. 

The problem is. When i press the tab key on my computer this key isn't works. I test this using the program 'xev' on Linux. This program maps all the events on the X server. 
When I press the tab key this program isn't detect any events.  When i press any other button or move the mouse ... this program detects events. 

My doubt is: i have a problem with these key or the change of the bios ( i need to do this, because Lenovo Brazil isn't solves the problem with the fans on this model of notebooks ) cause this problem ? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms