Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-19-2013

United States

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Targeted read test failed

2013-04-19, 2:39 AM

I purchased g585 laptop for my daughters birthday in Jan.  She has not downloaded many things.  She has the lenovo  solution center error message

Hardware system failure 

I ran another hardware scan and it says targeted read test failed, and SMART short-self test failed It gives result code 

WHD01V00I-7I3Y5L

We are also currently connected to the internet with a strong wi-fi connection and the computer will not load up the internet.  A week ago it did same thing but after rebooting started to work properly again.  This time we have rebooted several times and it still does not work.  

Please help.  This was to be my daughters computer as she heads off to college.

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Targeted read test failed

2013-04-19, 8:46 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Based on what I read from your post, it seems there is an issue with the Hard driver , Please back your data  & contact local support to have it fixed

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms