Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-23-2013

Hyderabad

7 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 3

The cursor jumps while typing & the mouse gets locked very often on Lenovo G580

2013-08-23, 16:35 PM

I'm facing this issue since last few days..

Firstly Lemme Tell about My Machine.

Lenovo G580 (20157)
OS-Windows 8 (Pro+Media center)

The cursor jumps very often when I'm typing on Word,Notepad..& what not even now when I'm typing this message

The cursor is harrasing me badly....& its at peaks when I'm typing any password.:smileyfrustrated:

This is one...

Another issue is..the TouchPad often gets Locked..

These two issues..I've been facing since last few days only..I've been using the system with the same OS since last 10 months.:smileysad:

Could anyone Help me in this regard

Thanks in Advance,:smileyhappy:

Nidhin

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: The cursor jumps while typing & the mouse gets locked very often on Lenovo G580

2013-08-26, 6:47 AM

Hi Nidhin,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear there is cursor moving erratically and Touchpad freezes in the G580 Laptop.

Below are some troubleshooting steps to diagnose and resolve the issue:

1. The issue should be checked once in “Safe Mode”, to get to their restart the computer and keep tapping on “F8” Key to get advanced boot options, then select “Safe Mode” option.
  2. After checking it in “Safe Mode” and if the issue is same restart the computer to Normal Mode, re-install the Touchpad driver in the computer, below is the link to download the TP driver.

3. If the issue still persists even after re-installing TP driver, performing OKR (One Key Recovery) should resolve the issue.

NOTE: OKR works if and only if the Operating System is pre-installed; Click here and refer page no. 33 & 34 to check the steps to perform OKR, also please backup the data before performing OKR as the computer will be re-installed to its factory settings.

Hope this helps!!!

Do post us back if the issue still persists.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

08-23-2013

Hyderabad

7 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: The cursor jumps while typing & the mouse gets locked very often on Lenovo G580

2013-08-27, 13:22 PM
No....its still the same ...even after Installing the driver.

the cursor gets locked very badly and it is still keeping jumping here & there. Could you please help me :( :(

Thanks & Regards,
Nidhin
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms