Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-13-2021

Italy

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchpad not working properly - laptop lenovo g510

2021-04-13, 20:17 PM

Hello, I recently replaced the armrest cover for my G510 but the touchpad now is no longer working as it should.

It is seen as a mouse so with no advanced features like 2 fingers scroll on page or zoom in/out.

I checked my laptop serial number and downloaded "Touchpad Driver (Elan, Synaptics) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G410, G510" with no results though.

I also tried to format my laptop but no luck after that either. 

Can you please help?

Options

4104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

254 Signins

22868 Page Views

• Views: 22868
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Touchpad not working properly - laptop lenovo g510

2021-04-26, 16:48 PM

Hello Clapit,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I just want to confirm if the drivers you have downloaded come from the support site? If not, try to head to support page and then use your machine serial number to load up the correct drivers and then download the touchpad drivers.

Otherwise you can try to perform the steps below.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state.

Perform/load BIOS defaults
- Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter.

- The computer will start up.

Also, please share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker of your unit as it would help.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms