Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahasayantan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,393
Message 1 of 2

UNABLE TO INSTALL WIRELESS DRIVER ON LENOVO G580 ON WINDOWS XP

I purchsed a Lenovo G580 a couple of days back. I installed my Windows XP SP3 on it. For the last 2 days I am trying to get my Laptop up and running but without much success.

The Wireless Driver does not work at all. I tried installing the driver that got shipped with the Laptop (Driver DVD) without success.

I tried downloading the Drivers available on Lenovo Site, but they dont work either. the WLAN9.2 for XP throws an error setup not found.

I checked the FN+F5 key. It shows that the Wierless Card is enabled.

But I cannot see the Wireless icon (serching for wireless networks) on the Taskbar.

Can someone please help me sort this issue? Or is this laptop not built for XP at all?

Thanks and regards

Sayantan

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,370
Message 2 of 2

Re: UNABLE TO INSTALL WIRELESS DRIVER ON LENOVO G580 ON WINDOWS XP

hi Sayantan,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Can you try to:

1. Click Start > Run > type services.msc. Navigate to Wireless Zero Configuration set the status to Started

2. Click Start > Run > type devmgmt.msc. Navigate to Network Adapters and check if the wireless card is properly installed. If you don't see any and you see Network Controller on Other Devices, your wireless card driver may not be installed. Download and install Aida 64 Extreme to identify the WLAN module and the right wireless driver to install(see spoiler for example)

Spoiler

Let me know your findings

Cheers 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors