Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-20-2013

Jamaica

14 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 1 of 5

URGENT HELP! LENOVO B570 wont pass Lenovo Boot Logo.

2013-01-20, 18:56 PM

Hello this is my first post and I hope someone could lend me a hand. I have a Lenovo B series laptop, more specifically a B570. I've had it for over a year and a half now and it was working fine until I started to see some problems.

My first encounter was sartup issues. The machine normally laggs whenever Windows boots up to the user screen. I checked for that and the problem was variface login and the fingerprint reader. Seems like they both caused a delay with the boot. Anyways I got pass that by not shutting down but hibernating. 

A few months back I decided then to shut down my machine and that was my mistake. It started up and then lagged, I normally corrected this by jus holding the power botton and starting it up till it works. That worked for a while till that moment.

I realized when I powered it down, it refused to pass the Lenovo boot screen and whenever I select F2/F8 all I get is "please wait..." and that lasts for hours. I tried replacing the harddrive, formatting it externally NOTHING.

I tried troubleshooting such as RAM replacement n all but still no luck. Even removed the RAM and didnt even get a beep or nothing. Lights are on also. I even resored to CMOS battery pull and NOTHING seems to work. I also noticed that when this happens the processor fan stops spinning also.

I really need to solve this issue due to me going to university and all. 

Please Help! Thanks.

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737

Re: URGENT HELP! LENOVO B570 wont pass Lenovo Boot Logo.

2013-01-23, 19:41 PM

hi Netflame,

You can find support numbers on this link.

Here's the contact number for Lenovo in Jamaica.

supportno.JPG

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(4)
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2013-01-22, 23:01 PM

hi Netflame,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Can you try the following:

1, Remove the AC adapter and Battery then press & hold the power button for 30secs (this drains the power off the unit).

2. Reseat the CPU (see page 62 of the hardware maintenance manual)

3. After reseating CPU (if applicable, re=apply a thermal compound) and reconnect the following:

a. Fan and Heatsink Assembly

b. Systemboard Assembly

c. Memory Module

d. Keyboard Bezel

4. If applicable, use an external USB keyboard to boot into the BIOS, otherwise, reconnect also the Keyboard and try to boot into the BIOS by pressing or holding down F2. You could also try to press F12 to enter BIOS setup.

If you get into the BIOS,  press F9 to set BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit BIOS. After exiting, power off the computer and reconnect the remaining peripherals.

If the above procedure doesn't work, you probably have a bad CPU, bad GPU, or a bad motherboard and you need to call lenovo or a local repair store to have it serviced.

Caution:

The CPU is extremely sensitive. When you service the CPU, avoid any kind of rough handling.

Edit: added maintenance manual link

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

01-20-2013

Jamaica

14 Signins

109 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-01-23, 19:02 PM

Well i've tried and still no luck. Only one thing I found out though, the hard disk is finished basically. I dont trust any tother repair shops around my area. Would it be possible to provide me with the contact support (number, address or an e-mail) for lenovo  in Jamaica?

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-01-23, 19:41 PM

hi Netflame,

You can find support numbers on this link.

Here's the contact number for Lenovo in Jamaica.

supportno.JPG

Hope this helps.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

01-20-2013

Jamaica

14 Signins

109 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

Follow up on booting issue.

2013-02-04, 14:20 PM

Thank you for those numbers I'll give them a call.

But to let you know, of constant search, I found the problem. Tuns out that some of the circuitry on the motherboard has been broken.

I used a magnifying glass and took my time to look for any faults and turns out that from the processor to the BIOS onboard, some of the lines are damaged. (How this happened? beats me). But out of curiosity I'd like to know what could've influneced that. 

Don't even make sense to send it for repair cos all they gonnna tell me is I need a new one.

Anyways, thanks alot for your help. Very mych appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)