cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryzweig
What's DOS?
Views: 116
Message 1 of 3

USB Device Not Recognized comes more often, even to previously used devices.

Lenovo B50-80 Intel Core i3-5010 - 8GB - 240GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro - HD5500

with 2x USB3 & 1x USB2. USB Device Not Recognized. Since over a year it's an increasong mess with different sticks and external ports and other devices.. they work (sometimes) in one socket and not the other. I see no pattern. I get error message... I try another port it works or it doesn't. I go to the the usb 2 with a 3er device.. Most things work there, and then some will also work on one or both usb3s, but often also not.

I tend to think that the drivers for the the usb hubs (3 & 2) are not quite strait.

SeniorGuru
Views: 89
Message 2 of 3

Re: USB Device Not Recognized comes more often, even to previously used devices.

@larryzweig wrote:

Lenovo B50-80 Intel Core i3-5010 - 8GB - 240GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro - HD5500

with 2x USB3 & 1x USB2. USB Device Not Recognized. Since over a year it's an increasong mess with different sticks and external ports and other devices.. they work (sometimes) in one socket and not the other. I see no pattern. I get error message... I try another port it works or it doesn't. I go to the the usb 2 with a 3er device.. Most things work there, and then some will also work on one or both usb3s, but often also not.

I tend to think that the drivers for the the usb hubs (3 & 2) are not quite strait.

It may be a driver issue, or something in the OS that is buggered up.  Try removing (uninstalling) drivers,  then rebooting and installing them fresh as needed.  Also - if using Windows 10 you can "refresh" it to re-install windows drivers as if new OS installation.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
larryzweig
What's DOS?
Views: 84
Message 3 of 3

Re: USB Device Not Recognized comes more often, even to previously used devices.

More Infos....
Tried with the drivers, .... Same thing with Win 7 & 10. One new stick worked yesterday (was brand new) and is being ignored. New message is...
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
The USB device returned an invalid USB configuration descriptor.

>>>> this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors