01-28-2013

Goa India

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

Unable to access BIOS

2013-01-28, 12:02 PM

I purchased a brand new Lenovo Essential G580 1 Month ago. I had Windows 7 on my laptop prior to this event. I tried to install Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop. After successful installation of the Ubuntu I couldn't boot to any of the OS. Then I formatted my whole hard disk created 3 partitions and installed windows 7 once again. I did this several times but the result was same. Meanwhile I found that my boot device priority has been shuffled in a wrong way and I am unable to access BIOS by pressing F2 or any of the key(Del, B, etc.)

Please help me.
Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to access BIOS

2013-01-29, 18:09 PM

Hi mrsud,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.

Please see similar thread regarding G480/G580 systems not able to access the bios.  Try the steps listed on the thread then see if you are able to boot to any of your OS.

If not you can try checking out the guide listed on this thread. If I may suggest to try to clean the hard drive of all windows and ubuntu partitions.  Use the Windows 7 disk to format the drive, then you may also try using the Ubuntu disk to delete also the old partitions on the drive. Steps are listed out the link provided.  If you are still interested in installing Ubuntu you may want to check out this link.

I hope this helps.

Don

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete