Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
architect142
What's DOS?
Views: 4,616
Message 1 of 2

Urgent! Problem with BioExcess Fingerprint Scanner B570 Win7 64bit

Hi all!

I'm having trouble with my new lenovo laptop. I have the b570 with Windows 7 64bit operating system
When I first started it , I did NOT set any kind of password for Windows
So when I booted it up back then, I didnt need any password to log in
Then after a while I wanted to try out the fingerprint scanner, so I activated it and scanned my finger
Now Im having huge troubles getting in my user account because the scanner isn't working very good
Now it seems that the bioexcess program has set some kind of windows password, I can only log in with my fingerprint (which Isnt working most of the time) sometimes I need an hour to get into Windows
Im not sure if I can remove the print scanner when I finally get in, because I'm afraid Windows will want the password then (which I don't know because I didn't set one)
Please help me I'm stuck for like an hour or so now, and I'm not getting anywhere!

How can I get in? What kind of password could he have set? Can I remove the fingerprint scanner if I'm finally in?
Former Employee
Views: 4,561
Message 2 of 2

Re: Urgent! Problem with BioExcess Fingerprint Scanner B570 Win7 64bit

hey architect142,

welcome to the forums.

i suggest uninstalling the BioExcess and EgisTec Fingerprint Driver . it is strange that it set some kind of password.

after uninstalling go to >> http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_4119.html and >> http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_4152.html

download and install the above two and try again.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors