07-09-2015

United States of America

62 Signins

298 Page Views

• Views: 298
  • Message 1 of 5

Using G500 to listen to audiobooks

2015-07-09, 22:11 PM

I'm trying to listen to a Playaways audiobook on a Lenovo G500. Those devices usually use headphones. With an auxiliary male-male cable I should be able to listen to it on the laptop. But when I plug the cable in I don't see it as an option in the Sound Playback devices. Is there a setting to adjust for this to work?

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Using G500 to listen to audiobooks

2015-07-10, 11:26 AM

Hi Jph1,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with earphone issue in your Lenovo G500 laptop.

Go to control panel and select smart audio option and select audio director option under this option select multistreaming option and now connect the headphones and check in playback devices.

If still the issue persist then uninstall the driver restart the system and reinstall the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the audio driver for windows 7.    

Click here for the audio driver for windows 8.

Click here for the audio driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

25 Posts

07-09-2015

United States of America

62 Signins

298 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2015-07-10, 12:09 PM

Thanks for responding. The device playing the audio is external. I'm trying to hook it to the Lenovo G500 so I can listen to the audiobook on the laptop, in a way similar to what is shown here:

http://mcpl.info/blogs/adult-teen-services-news/playaways-listen-your-car-stereo-simple-trick-0

Per your instructions, I did set the multimedia option and reinstalled the Conexant driver. When I plug the auxiliary cable I now see a Headphones sign, although I'm not using it for headphones. However, when I play the device I don't hear anything. I think we're almost there though.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-07-13, 6:46 AM

Hi Jph1,

Good to hear that the headphone is detecting in the playback devices. Connect a headphone go to playback devices and select the headphone and select set default option and try to play the audio and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

25 Posts

07-09-2015

United States of America

62 Signins

298 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2015-07-13, 13:08 PM

Hello,

The Default Option button is greyed out (see pic).

Just to be clear, I'm not using headphones but a connecting cable between the audiobook device and the Lenovo so I can hear the sound on the laptop, as described in the link I sent before.

Thanks.Lenovo.jpg

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms