cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabs9
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 1 of 2

WIFI ONLY WORKS WHEN CHARGING, ????INSTALLSHIELD NOT WORKING????

First of all, sorry for any mistakes. English isn't my first language.

So... I have a G40-80, Intel® Core™ i5-5200U, 4GB, 1TB, with Windows 10. A week ago, i was using my notebook while it was charging and it was working as usual, noting was wrong. When the battery reached 100%, I unplugged the charger and my wifi stopped working. The wifi icon would still look as usual (as if nothing was wrong), and when I clicked it said that the internet was connect and everything. The internet would still work at my cell, and at my cousin's notebook, but not at mine. It only works when plugged in. And it still takes a while for the internet to work.

You guys should also know that my notebook only starts charging after I remove the battery and put it back on, and to do that i have to turn off the notebook everytime. It simple doen't start charging when I plug if I don't take the battery of. I already tried to use another charger and battery, but it's still the same.

Accordind to windows my drivers are updated. 

As time passed, i noticed that everytime I plugged the charger to make the internet work an app would show up like really fast in the screen, as if it had stopped working and when i made the process of taking the battery of and putting back in and reseting the notebook it had start functioning again. Eventually i find out that the app name is installshield. I really think that this installshield has something to do with this problem i have, but i don't really know what to do now. 

If you can please help me.

SeniorGuru
Views: 228
Message 2 of 2

Re: WIFI ONLY WORKS WHEN CHARGING, ????INSTALLSHIELD NOT WORKING????

Check to see if Lenovo Energy Manager is installed, and if not - use the support side of this website (support link at top of site) to input your model number and find drivers / software present. You can see the links for those at the top banner of the support page once you have "found" your notebook.

Most of the time Battery and WiFi issues are resolved with either installing or updating software / drivers.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors