Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabs9
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 1 of 2

WIFI ONLY WORKS WHEN THE NOTEBOOK IS CHARGING

First of all, sorry for any mistakes. English isn't my first language.

So... I have a G40-80, Intel® Core™ i5-5200U, 4GB, 1TB, with Windows 10. A week ago, i was using my notebook while it was charging and it was working as usual, noting was wrong. When the battery reached 100%, I unplugged the charger and my wifi stopped working. The wifi icon would still look as usual (as if nothing was wrong), and when I clicked it said that the internet was connect and everything. The internet would still work at my cell, and at my cousin's notebook, but not at mine. It only works when plugged in. And it still takes a while for the internet to work.

You guys should also know that my notebook only starts charging after I remove the battery and put it back on, and to do that i have to turn off the notebook everytime. It simple doen't start charging when I plug if I don't take the battery of. I already tried to use another charger and battery, but it's still the same.

Accordind to windows my drivers are updated. 

I don't know what to do.

If you can, please help me.

SeniorGuru
Views: 244
Message 2 of 2

Re: WIFI ONLY WORKS WHEN THE NOTEBOOK IS CHARGING

I would suggest a BIOS reset...

1. Turn off notebook
2. Remove both battery and AC power adapter
3. Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace battery, plug in AC adapter.
5. Boot notebook with "Novo" button and enter BIOS when prompted.
6. Set "Bios Defaults", then "Save and Exit"

Your computer (notebook) will restart, then should boot into Windows normally. Try connecting to WiFi and continue to troubleshoot issues if needed.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors