08-20-2017 01:58 PM
I have a Lenovo G470 laptop, i'm having few problems with wireless connection.
Some months ago I was using normally my laptop and then I had a internet problem, so I tried to disable my adapter in network connections and then it has dissapeared from my connections.. Then I tried to look on Device Manager in Network Connections tab, my driver was gone.. I already tried everything.. Actually, I'm using Usb wi-fi for using internet on it and Lan cable.
1. Tried to reinstall my wi-fi driver.
2. Tried to enable on bios.
3. Installed Fn+f5 thing, ps: It only shows up Bluetooth... Also in Windows Mobility Center has no wi-fi to enable.
4. Turned on wireless key in left side of laptop, no results..
5. And last thing, reinstalled windows like 2-3 times, and still no wi-fi..
I really don't know what is happening with my wi-fi, I'm tired to search in a million sites for fixes and no one worked.. So I'm posting this if someone could help with this problem. PS: Sorry for bad english, my main lang is portuguese
08-23-2017 01:16 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Have you attempted to do a factory reset?
If so, then this will likely be a hardware fault if the issue persists.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.