Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakovskii
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,372
Message 1 of 7

Windows 7 doesn't boot, Windows Recovery Error,Status: 0xc000000e

When I turn on my Lenovo G560 Laptop and Windows 7 (64 Bit) goes to load up, a black screen appears saying Windows Recovery Error, Status: 0xc000000e. I am attaching a photo of the screen below:

20180323_200306.jpg

My Lenovo computer did not come with an installation CD, unfortunately.

To solve the problem, I pressed F12 and it gave me a choice of which SATA to boot from, the first choice being Hitachi. I chose Hitachi and it didn't make a difference - the computer tried to boot from the Hitachi Sata and it failed - it showed this screen again. Then I pressed F12 again, and chose a different SATA, and that option did not work either.

Next, I pressed F3. It gave me a chance to run Windows Diagnostics, and I did so. It said that the scan's results would be shown after windows started. But unfortunately Windows did not show the results because it went back to the screen above. The same thing happened when I tried pressing F7 as when I pressed F3.

Next, I pressed F8. It had an option to run Safe Mode and also Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Neither of those options worked as the computer returned to the screen above when I tried those options. Another option from the F8 menu was to run  "Repair Your Computer". I wanted to try this one, but when I do, it goes to the Launch Repair screen, which requires a Windows 7 CD. Unfortunately as I mentioned, no CD came with my Lenovo computer. The F8 Option of "Enable Low Resolution Video" also did not work.

Maybe the reason for this error is really a virus that got into the system. However, I do have the latest version of Norton running on auto-detect and have scanned it occasionally and it had not detected a virus. Another possible explanation is that there is a major problem in the "BIOS". Unfortunately I don't know how to work with BIOs. I don't think that it's a hardware problem with something like overheating as the fan has always worked great and soundly.

rakovskii
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,338
Message 2 of 7

Re: Windows 7 doesn't boot, Windows Recovery Error,Status: 0xc000000e

I fixed the problem and want to share with the users here how I did. But unfortunately I don't know what caused the problem and am afraid that it could happen again. 

I researched the issue and didn't find any easy answers. People talked about working with "BIOS", but I am not very skilled with computers. After reading some reviews I used Easy Recovery Essentials, which worked for me. But I am not here to promote their product and other computer users said that a skilled computer technician can do the same things without this product.

First, I repeatedly pressed F12 when booting the computer and it sent me to the Boot Manager screen. 

20180323_233121 (1).jpg

There, I chose the second option, called SATA ODD, which loaded up the Easy Recovery Essentials CD.

Easy Recovery Essentials gave me an option for System Restore and an option for Automated Repair. System Restore gave me only one possible Restore date, and it was from 1 month ago about the time that the computer crash, which was not ideal for a restore time. But a System Restore to the computer as the way it was a month ago still felt like a more reliable option than the Automated Repair, because I worried that systems and windows files could get even more damaged by the repair, accidentally. So I chose System Restore, and it worked successfully. But I am still worried that by not doing Automated Repair, the underlying cause could remain. And I am worried that the problem could reappear because I don't know what caused it in the first place.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,341
Message 3 of 7

it sounds like the BCD file has been compromised. You can download EasyBCD from NeoSmart website. They have a good boot CD/DVD that can run and fix the BCD files and other problems.

It costs a bit, but it is worth it when it fixes these issues.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
rakovskii
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,333
Message 4 of 7

CB,

Thanks for writing back.

What do you think likely caused the problem, a virus? I had not been running or installing any complicated or new programs or making syste changes when the problems began.

Do you think that the System Restore would have fixed the cause? The computer appears to be working fine.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,321
Message 5 of 7

@rakovskii wrote:

CB,

Thanks for writing back.

What do you think likely caused the problem, a virus? I had not been running or installing any complicated or new programs or making syste changes when the problems began.

Do you think that the System Restore would have fixed the cause? The computer appears to be working fine.

The most likely culprit is the OS itself.... Windows 7 has a bad habit of messing up system files (bootloader and BCD files) when it applies some updates out of order.  Also - sometimes the hard disk drive shuts down during a update of the BCD, and lastly there may have been some kind of malware working on it as well.

In any case - if the system restore point worked, then it should be fine until whatever caused it to happen occurs again.  I would still recommend getting EasyBCD - it is a great utility for backing up the BCD and correcting errors within windows that can have adverse affects on the system files.  Also - download and run Malwarebytes (free) to root out anything left behind.  Anti-Virus software is a matter of personal choice, I use Avast Internet Suite on my Windows 10 machines as it has a great firewall replacement as well as a strong AV component.  BitDefender is a good one, as is Kaspersky and ESET, but having MalwareBytes as a secondary tool (think of it as a flu shot) to back up the regular, on all the time AV tool is simply a Win, Win situation.

Good luck,

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
rakovskii
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,297
Message 6 of 7

Dear Hedrick,

On another forum I have discussed noncomputer topics with a computer tecnician from New Jersey named Hedrick. I wonder if you are the same person.

I guess that the problem is MALWARE, because I heard Malware can be attached to images. I remember editing a downloaded GIF picture in PAINT, whereupon the GIF picture weirdly switched to my background image and showed the hourglass sign. Over the next two days when surfing online it seemed to show the hourglass more often. I figured that it was just being a slow computer, but then it froze up and when I turned it back on the computer always went into the black Error screen. Also, I have been putting it into Hibernate mode at night instead of turning it off. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I hadn't been updating windows around the time that it crashed. After I restored the computer, Malware Bytes didn't detect any Malware.

A few years ago I had a Google Redirect virus or something severe get through my free latest WINDOWS brand antivirus (It might have been "WINDOWS ESSENTIALS" AV), and even System Restore couldn't fix it IIRC. I looked into the problem and found that Norton AV had a fix for the problem, so I have been using Norton because of that experience for the last 8 years or so. Before using the free Windows AV, I think I was using AVG or another free one that I hadn't had a problem with.

In any case, your advice about EASY BCD sounds good as well as your explanations about the cause. Easy Recovery Essentials seems to have solved the problem for me and it was easy to use and I would recommend it to others. However, I read elsewhere that EASY BCD's program is another good way to solve the problem. Plus, there is a free version forit whereas I paid 20$ for ER Essentials.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,273
Message 7 of 7

I am not sure who the "Hedrick" but there is a big clan of us Hedricks in the US of A. (Grin)

Glad to hear you are doing well now, and just remember that using Anti-Malware sometimes is not enough. Back your software / data on a regular basis, make your restore disks, then also use a good anti-virus and then Malwarebytes as well.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors