cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charm0994
Paper Tape
Views: 931
Message 1 of 5

Windows 8 G405 Headset microphone is not working.

What should I do to use a headset with a microphone to my laptop with a 2 jacks? Mine has only one jack.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 915
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 8 G405 Headset microphone is not working.

hi charm0994,

Welcome to the Forums.

From G405 HMM, this unit uses a Stereo Headphone and Microphone combo jack. To use a headset with the traditional headphone / microphone connector, you will need a Microphone/Headset Jack splitter as discussed in this article.

Sample item

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
charm0994
Paper Tape
Views: 907
Message 3 of 5

Hi thank you for this response. However, I had tried the splitter, but it still didn't work. So, I think based on the forums that I had read, it will be better to buy a usb headset and try it. Hope it will work, because this combo jack is really bad.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 892
Message 4 of 5

hi charm0994,

When you used the combo jack splitter, have you tried the following: 

1. Plugged-in the headset's mic and audio jack first to the spliter then connect the splitter to the combo jack port in the laptop

2. If same problem, do Step 1 while the machine is turned off or perform Step 1 then restart the machine and observe if the headset is recognized under Sound Properties.

- Sample image

If you get the same problem, getting a USB headset might be a better alternative like you've said.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

charm0994
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 5 of 5

Hi!

I had tried the USB sound card just today, but it still didn't work fine. It can only detect the sound by the headset if your listening into something, but not the microphone it can't even detect anything. I tried every possible way, but it was still the same. So, the only thing that I have to try is to buy a USB headset and hopefully it will work. Is there something or a brand that LENOVO can recommend to their customer for this kind of problem?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors