Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newlyfe75
Paper Tape
Views: 5,334
Message 1 of 9

Wireless Card does not work in Windows 8.1 for G585

I just wanted to inform someone that the wireless network card does not work in Windows 8.1 Preview. I suspect the driver needs to be updated. When I go to the Device Manager it appears as a Realtek device RTL8192DE instead of a Qualcomm device that does not start. I tried installing the latest driver from the website but it makes the computer crash (BSOD) when trying to reboot after the installation which makes the Windows 8 automatic recovery turn on and I had to restore the system to a previous state before the driver installation.

For now, I just refreshed my system back to Windows 8, instead of trying to use Windows 8.1 Preview Smiley Sad .  If you have any suggestions, it would be great, otherwise I'll wait for a driver update.

xcsport
Paper Tape
Views: 5,265
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wireless Card does not work in Windows 8.1 for G585

I just registered to thumbs up this problem.

I have the same wireless network card RTL8192DE and I faced with the same problem. Device does not start with an error code 10 and this is all.

Any suggestions from Lenovo technical support?

Best regards.

raphaeleduardo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,235
Message 3 of 9

Same problem here with the G470 :/

I've tried to clean reinstall the Windows 8.1, but it still not working for me.

drleitao
What's DOS?
Views: 5,208
Message 4 of 9

Same problem with G475. I tried almost everything, and i still can't find the wi-fi adapter.  Just disappear when i installed windows 8.1 preview, i hope microsoft or lenovo can solve this problem as soon as possible.

ryan_3t
Paper Tape
Views: 5,061
Message 5 of 9

I have the same problem with my B460, tried hard but it's still not work Smiley Sad hope there is a update soon, it's very inconvinient without wifi connection

LKP
Paper Tape
Views: 5,028
Message 6 of 9

Geek squad employee suggested I use a wi-fi usb adapter(belkin N150 wi-fi usb adapter)...It appears to work..All though slow...This windows 8 product came on my new lenovo machine..I can't believe the wireless card does not work with the windows 8.1 update.  I hate windows 8.... I was hoping 8.1 would make it more user friendly...Also I am ticked that I had to spend more money to use this computer!!!!  Any suggestions out there????

neilwar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,971
Message 7 of 9

Oh goody. Just updated to 8.1 and it doesn't work. Looks like everyone else is having the same problem. Why no answer from Lenovo?
neilwar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,970
Message 8 of 9

It worked fine with 8.0
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,959
Message 9 of 9

@neilwar wrote:
Oh goody. Just updated to 8.1 and it doesn't work. Looks like everyone else is having the same problem. Why no answer from Lenovo?

Please refer to the dedicated thread on "Blue" 8.1.

Thread locked

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors