Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonF
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 1 of 3

Wireless Network Adapter result code G560

When I run the Lenovo Solutions centre test, I get a message code WWF00F000-HK8X4G, even though I have activated the wireless switch on the front of the G560 keyboard.

Anyone have any idea what this mesage means? I have noticed that my Ethernet port has died and, perhaps the wireless port error message is related to the ethernet port failure.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 617
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless Network Adapter result code G560

hi DonF,

Welcome to the Forums.

Just to verify, aren't you able to connect or detect a wireless network after seing the diagnostic error? If yes then this is likely the problem.

If you're running on Windows 7, besides toggling the physical wireless switch to ON, you may also need to press Fn+F5 and ensure that the Wireless Status is ON 

LPM.png

Article:

Lenovo Solutions Center (LSC) Shows Warnings in the Wireless LAN Hardware Scan Test

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

DonF
Paper Tape
Views: 595
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wireless Network Adapter result code G560

Unfotunately the suggestion had already been tried. I activated the wireless switch on the front of the keyboard and I also pressed F5. Initially the wireless light at the bottom of the keyboard lit up and still i could not connect. Subsequently the wireless light no longer lights up and I can only assume that there is a hardware fault on the motherboard as my Ethernet port has also failed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors